Balanced Diet?

Patricia Hagmaier
on 10/30/08 9:59 pm - Wehonah, NJ
I have a serious question for everyone.
Has anyone had maintanece for a long period of time with a balanced meal plan of carbs and protien.

I keep hearing the only way to stay in maintence is to eat all protien and only 35g carbs a day.

I know I have to life a new life style, and to be honest I have had a hard time in certain areas, especially exercise.  I am in constant pain and cannot do much.  However, the bigger problem is this. 

My husband and I have been out of work for a year, we just got our last unemployment check, we have NO income and are moving in with family as we lost our home.  I cannot afford to eat ALL PROTEIN right now, there is no way.  I am scared that if I eat what we have I will gain a bunch of weight back.
I would love some feedback on this.

God bless
Trish
frazier
on 10/30/08 10:31 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Trish,  I am sorry to hear of your troubles.  The surgeon I see suggests a balanced diet of regular food based on I think it's the American food guide.  They suggest you eat your protein first then veg then carbs but it is just basic healthy eating.  Hope this helps. Fran
TaraWynn
on 11/4/08 7:06 pm - Midland, MI
I really do not feel qualified to respond ,but your surgery center should offer free advice. I use this site to help me stay on track it was in my previous posts. http://www.mypyramid.gov/ Just remember you will lose weight if you eat only the amount of calories you burn off. You will not gain if you follow that.
I wish you much luck and gods blessings, sounds like you are having such a tough time. My heart goes out to you.
Tara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?