Where is everyone?

brenmatt65
on 11/13/08 1:36 pm - Powell, WY

Hi all!  I know I've slowed down on my postings lately....not much time on my hands, but I thought I'd post on the weekly weigh-in today and there isn't one!  Holy moly! 

It's reached the time in our journey that we're all starting to feel "comfortable" with our new lives and are starting to maybe take it for granted...or we're at least not paying as much attention to those things we need to be watching like a hawk.  At least I know that's where I'm at.  I think we need a renewed sense of our surgery magic.

I went to our monthly support group tonight and it was such an inspirational, eye-opening experience!  There were two women there who are about to embark on the journey of their lives.  One has a surgery date of December 8th and the other is waiting on approval from her insurance company.  It made me step back in time a bit and place myself back in the shoes they are in right now.  All the questions, all the nervousnes, all the excitement.....it was all there again.  I found myself feeling soooooo excited to be where I'm at now and not having to go through some of the issues they face in the near future.  The hair loss, the experimentation with food, learning to eat again, getting in all the fluids, fighting to get enough protein, etc.....and the blessing for us is that we're all past those stages and are successful in our journies thus far!!

HOW AWESOME ARE WE??!!  Now, we have the capability, knowledge, experience and heartfelt empathy and love to pay it forward!  I found tonight that I was able to comfort the woman who's surgery date is December 8th.  One of her biggest fears is..."what if I die?"  I told her the way I got through that was to say to myself, "If you DON'T have the surgery you're likely to die a much slower, more painful death that to die in surgery...so what do I have to lose?"  And I also told her way back when she was just starting her pre-surgery journey, "If this is meant to be, it will go forth with few setbacks or roadblocks, and then you'll know it's right."  And lo and behold, she's had many blessings and answers to prayer during her journey to this point.  She was worried about the financial end of it--her insurance company approved her surgery so that part was answered--but the part of it that is out-of-pocket was worrying her also--the loan they applied for was approved, AND the amount they have to pay out-of-pocket is less than half of what they were expecting!  Her insurance company took a meer three days to approve her!! 

Her next big fear was, "what if I'm not successful? what if I fail AGAIN"  My answer to her--"what chance do you have at success if you DON'T try?--you'll always wonder and probably be sick knowing you had the chance and passed it up."

Ultimately, our success is up to us individually, but with God's help, we CAN'T fail!  I want all of you to know, that just because I haven't been able to post as often does NOT mean I don't think of each of you daily and pray that you're doing, looking, and feeling GREAT!!

I love each and every one of you!

Now....the accountability part of this weigh-in.....

I'm weighing 139 now and am inspired to stay on the right path.....I have days when all I want to do is eat and I have days where it takes everything in me to be able to eat.  Patience and perseverance, a heaping cupful of determination, a lifetime of commitment.  WE ARE AWESOME AND WE CAN DO IT!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Many blessings!

Brenda

Kathleen L.
on 11/15/08 7:47 am - Lawton, OK
Hi there my dear friend!  Sorry I have not posted.  My life is crazy with working now and my daughter (Lord help me!).  I miss all of you very much.  I will try harder to come in here more.  I am doing ok.  Staying between 120-125.  Tummy tuck is healing but still get awefully sore in the evenings.  Definitely worse than the RNY.  Waiting for hubby to come in Feb.  It has been a real rough road with my daughter, who is no longer living here again.  It is a mess.  Too much stress for me.  Anyway, I love all of you and am so encouraged and inspired by each and everyone of you!  Let us all try to keep up with eachother better ok?  Much LOVE!
TaraWynn
on 11/15/08 7:29 pm - Midland, MI

I am so glad you guys posted. Especially Kathleen, and we all know why!!! I am so glad you didn't let a few rude rejects get you down.

I am always the same, disappointingly. I guess I see the glass as half empty when I should be grateful, and I need to work on that - hard!!!
I weighed about 248 b4 surgery.
I weigh about 160 to 165 now. Some weeks I gain, others I lose. I eat pretty much whatever I want. And I mean whatever. BUT, I do consciously think about how many calories in and how many out, and adjust for that. The only real problem I have at all, and it isn't one really, is I still cannot drink with meals - which you are not supposed to anyway. But man, I get SO stinking thirsty!!!
I cannot see myself lose any more, and that makes me sad. I am still, even though to look at me you couldn't tell,  overweight by most standards. Still a few pounds from "normal". To me that is sad. I just don't get it. But my life is good, even with the skin hanging, and hair loss and wrinkly face.  It is good.

Kathleen L.
on 11/15/08 11:32 pm - Lawton, OK
Hi there my wonderful buddy!  I was just saying last night how many more wrinkles I have since the surgery.  My son even told me my body looks younger, but my face looks older lol.  I guess the fat filled in all the lines...and man on man do I have alot.  Tara, you have done so wonderfully with your weight loss.   You are lucky you can eat...if I go over a certain limit I get terribly ill.  I cannot eat meat, sugar, and a few times I have cried.  Yes, I am small, but I cannot eat and sometimes I so want to.    I am thirsty constantly, and try to plan eating and drinking all day.  This surgery is a blessing, yes.  But it is also something that for the rest of our lives we will have to adhere to.  I guess I am realizing that now and mourning my stress eating days.  And, trust me, the surgery did not fix my stressed out brain lol.    The other day I ate two little Kit Kat Halloween snack size bars.  I knew I was going to be sorry, but I did it anyway.  And, man on man was I sorry.  I guess I am one of those people where the surgery took very very well.  I have alot of problems since the Tummy Tuck with bowel issues.  I have to take something to help me go.  I have so much extra skin on my arms and legs....it just hangs down like a curtain.  Now in winter I am ok but summer I will be looking funny lol.  I decided no to plastics because in place of the skin you have a huge scar.  Why pay all of that money for a big scar lol?  Just my opinion.  I will stay jiggly.  So happy to see you on here, and precious Brenda too!  I am going to make a point to check every day.  I so love to talk with you.  Take it easy, and be proud of your success.  Much Love, K
TaraWynn
on 11/16/08 3:56 am - Midland, MI
kathleen,
I guess I should see how "lucky" I am that my surgery DIDn't take so well - thank you for helping me to really see............. I can and do eat anything - ANYTHING. I just try really hard to be incontrol, to eat in moderation. It really makes me happy that I can enjoy things like I used to. What I need to learn is food is fuel, not pleasure. I know I eat for pleasure way too much. If I did not I would be at goal by now.
My body is horrendous. I actually felt much sexier fat then I do now with everything hanging. But I know I am healthier and will live ages longer, my bloodwork tells me so...............lol
Hugs to all *****ad
Tara
frazier
on 11/16/08 12:33 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hello everyone,  Brenda, Kathleen and Tara...so glad to see you posting again.   I am holding still at 146-148.  I'm happy with that.  Since the surgery on my knees I have had much more time at home and I have been doing lots of baking.  I must love to torture myself because I have also had a very hard time not eating it all.  I have been going to physio and the gym most days.  I can now walk further than I could before surgery and with much less pain in my knees.  I still have pain around the knees especially in my lower legs but I'm sure that will improve soon.  The pool in my apartment building should be opened by the end of November so I hope to start swimming again then.  I'm not allowed to drive until Dec 3 so I have been spending a fair bit of time at home.  I've had to severely restrict my shopping habits lol.  Take care everyone.  Hope to hear from you all soon. 
Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 773 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1016 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 903 views
how is everyone doing?