Hi

frazier
on 3/17/09 11:05 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hi,  I'm not sure if anyone checks this board out any more.  Just wanted to say hi and see how everyone was doing.  Fran
brenmatt65
on 3/20/09 3:55 am - Powell, WY
Hi Fran!
I don't have much chance these days to do much of anything but work and homework.  I do check things out once in a great while tho.  I hope you are doing well!

Things at our house have been a wild and uncomfortable ride for a few months.  A week ago things came to a nasty head.  Our oldest son (the one with the beautiful baby boy) pulled a stunt that has had major repercussions on our whole family.  He and a couple "friends" --define "friend"--did a drug deal here at our house and our youngest son and a friend of his (a true friend) witnessed it.  Long story short--we had our oldest son arrested for possession and kicked his confused, mislead butt out of our house.  I won't be a party to drug deals--son or no son--nor will I allow it to go on right under our noses.  He put my mom's property and home (where we live) at risk for seizure and she's in the nursing home with no way to defend her property.  It was a choice between my son and my mom.  Sorry, son, but mom's done nothing wrong to deserve anything because of your actions.  GET OUT.  Then my lovely (i use the term loosely) sister-in-law and mousy, wimpy brother took him in instead of letting him fall on his face and MAYBE grow up.  I guess they can enable him if they want to--NOT US-- he can go it alone until he learns what's important in life.  It's been a major heartbreak.  We have God and He'll get us through this.

Also, a MAJOR health scare for my husband.  Won't go into details, but a colonoscopy this morning shows there is nothing wrong.  PHEW.  Another bullet dodged.  Time to take his health seriously now...or he can walk too.  I might sound cold hearted, but I'm not.  I just have to let go of the things I have no control over and work the hardest on things I can take care of and change.  My husband's health is important to me and if it's not to him, then I don't need to watch his demise either.  I do believe this shook him up though.  I think we're on the right track with him now. 

I love them both soooooo much.  I just have realized that there is only so much one can do and the rest is out of their hands.  What I can deal with, I will.  What I can't do anything about, I'm turning over to God.  I know He can handle it, He has broad shoulders and an amazing love for us all.

I hope you're all doing well and are having a successful weight loss journey!  I'm at 134 lbs now and holding pretty steady.  I feel wonderful at this weight.

God bless you all!

Brenda
Kathleen L.
on 3/25/09 10:30 am - Lawton, OK
Hi there!  I am still around, pluggin along.  Have a new Grandbaby, born 3-9.  Her name is Nia, and she was about five weeks premature.  She was only 4 lbs. but is doing well, by the Grace of God.  Hubby is home, and with everyone going everywhere it is impossible to get on here much anymore.  Weight wise I fluxuate between 132-135 now.  I think that is just where I am supposed to be.  My ideal weight for my height is 132, so I figure if I can keep it below 140 I will be ok.  I am an old Granny for heavens sake hehe.  I still throw up just about everything, and cannot eat much even though Lord knows I do try.  I have a trash can at my desk at work, and unfortunately, I use it quite frequently.  Nerves, or pouch...hhmmmm?  I miss you all.  We really really need to be better about keeping in touch, and supporting eachother.  It is truly important.  Two years out, can u believe it?  Time goes so fast.  Anyway, KEEP IN TOUCH all you LOSERS ;)  Much love to each and everyone of you.  Love K
frazier
on 3/31/09 11:29 pm, edited 3/31/09 11:30 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Kathleen and Brenda,   I so sorry to hear of all the troubles you have been having in your life lately Brenda.   It's a good thing you are as strong as you are.  No wonder you don't have much time to chat here.  Family to look after and Mom in a nursing home, work.  I hope everything goes ok with you and your son.  He sure was wrong to put your whole family at risk like that.  I'm sure he'll learn a lesson though.  It's tough to be young and making major mistakes.  My 21 year old daughter seems to be the risk taker in my family.  She lives on her own but I still seem to have my share of worry over her at times.  My other daughter is getting married in November.  She is the steady one in the family.  We are going to Mexico for the wedding.   Should be nice....especially since now I can even wear a bathng suit.  It will be fun to shop for new clothes too.  Apparently there is a "cliff of courage"  where we are going so I am looking forward to jumping off of it.  I am off work this week...took a little vacation so I am going to go to Montreal for a few days.  I hope it's not too cold there.  It's not too bad here but Montreal is usually colder than here.  My weight has been holding relatively steady at about 145-148.  My goal was 150 so that's pretty good but I still have pretty bad eating habits at times so I live in constant fear of the regain.  I don't ever vomit and I rarely dump.  I seem to be able to eat quite a bit now....more than I ever thought I would be able to eat.  Kathleen, It's always nice to hear how you are doing. . By the way you sure don't look like an old Granny!  Let's try to keep in touch at least once in a while....It would be nice to hear how some of the other August losers are doing too.  Fran
TaraWynn
on 4/5/09 8:39 am, edited 4/5/09 8:48 am - Midland, MI

Hello Everyone,

I am doing ok. I overeat,but still manage to stay around 165 to 169. I wish I was where you guys are, but I am ok with this weight. Still for my height "overweight" though. (5'6")
Everyone says I look good so who knows.
I dump all the time, never puke anymore, Kathleen, maybe you have a stricture??? That's why I puked , but then I got it fixed and never lost any more weight. Can you believe I lost almost 100 lbs in 11 weeks then never lost any more....still seems crazy to me. My hair never did come back in very well, if you've seen my post, I had very long thick hair, it's still really thin and for some reason frizzy, it's weird. My family life is ok. It was my hubby and my 7th anniversary today, but I had to work all day. So, we went out for dinner. I couldn't eat much which is still good. Because I sure eat a lot more all day than I should - but - I have never drank a pop since two weeks before surgery!!! My daughter that got married last July 4th is happy and doing well, we go to college together. (Algebra...it sucks...sorry) My autistic son is doing ok, and my middle son is always having difficulties, but not too bad - just failing some classes...:( No drugs or anything, yet. Oldest son works with kids with disabilities and is doing well - hes the one who weighs about 450 lbs. Sure wish he'd have surgery. But he won't.
Kathleen, I am so happy for you, I would so love to have a grandbaby, Nia, Ill bet she is gorgeous, like you are.
I love you guys for your efforts at keeping us together!!!! Please dont ever give up on us losers!!!
Love to all
The fattest one - Tara

TaraWynn
on 4/5/09 8:45 am, edited 4/5/09 8:45 am - Midland, MI
  Hello Everyone,
I am doing ok. I overeat, but still manage to stay around 165 to 169. I wish I was where you guys are, but I am ok with this weight. Still for my height "overweight" though. (5'6")Everyone says I look good  - so who knows.I dump all the time, never puke anymore, Kathleen, maybe you have a stricture??? That's why I puked, but then I got it fixed and never lost any more weight. Can you believe I lost almost 100 lbs in 11 weeks then never lost any more....still seems crazy to me. My hair never did come back in very well, if you've seen my post, I had very long thick hair, it's still really thin and for some reason frizzy, it's weird. My family life is ok. It was my hubby and my 7th anniversary today, but I had to work all day. So, we went out for dinner. I couldn't eat much which is still good -  Because I sure eat a lot more all day than I should - but - I have never drank a pop since two weeks before surgery!!! My daughter that got married last July 4th is happy and doing well, we go to college together. (Algebra...it sucks...sorry) My autistic son is doing ok, and my middle son is always having difficulties, but not too bad - just failing some classes...:( No drugs or anything, yet. Oldest son works with kids with disabilities and is doing well - he's the one who weighs about 450 lbs. Sure wish he'd have surgery. But he won't. Kathleen, I am so happy for you, I would so love to have a grandbaby, Nia, Ill bet she is gorgeous, like you are. I love you guys for your efforts at keeping us together!!!! Please don't ever give up on us losers!!!Love to allThe fattest one - Tara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 738 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 772 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1011 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 899 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 948 views