August 7th

wondering
on 5/27/08 9:08 pm - Canada
Anyone else having surgery on August 7th? Just wondering who my new birthday buddies will be. L.
dec721
on 6/23/08 10:39 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi, just saw your post! Yes, I'm on for August 7 with Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. Can't wait to get it over with! So birthday buddies we are --Dorothy
wondering
on 6/23/08 12:37 pm - Canada
Hi Dorothy. Great to hear from you. Are you getting nervous yet? I'm scared to death (well almost). Sometimes I find myself sitting at the table crying when I think about it. I'm having RNY laproscopic. I had thought about the VSG but it's really hard to get anything like that covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance) and money was definitely an issue. I live near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. How about you? Where are you from and why surgery in Mexico? Lorraine
dec721
on 6/23/08 9:56 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Lorraine -- Hi again! Oh yeah, I'm nervous, but I also realize I don't have any choice at this point. My hips, knees, and back hurt so badly that I can hardly stand it. Also, I've had several surgeries in the past ten years, so I'm not afraid of that aspect. But WAH, I'll never be able to binge again. Oh wait, that's a good thing, HAHAHA! I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area. My great grandparents were Canadian! One from PEI and one from Nova Scotia. Gee, we just might be related, ha! I chose Mexico and Dr. Alvarez because my insurance wouldn't cover WLS no matter what. Also, when I looked into the Atlanta area doctors, either they didn't do the sleeve (and I am determined that's what I want), or I found less-than-flattering info about them. Okay, if I'm going to have to cough up $$$, let me find the best and cheapest doctor. When I googled sleeve gastrectomy, Dr. Alvarez's name was *everywhere*! I read and read about him, he is the second most experienced sleeve-doer in the Western Hemisphere, and he charges a flat rate of $10,000, whi*****ludes everything but my airfare into San Antonio, Texas. Woo hoo, I signed right up! More later ... and I want to know about you! ... but I'm off to work. Email me directly if you want to: [email protected]. Take care! --Dorothy
tkosar
on 7/1/08 7:30 am
I am having surgery on August 7 in northeastern PA!
wondering
on 7/1/08 8:35 am - Canada
Only one month and one week to go... I can't believe the time is going so fast. I'm scared, nervous, anxious and all of the above. I'm having RNY with Dr. Graber in New York. I'm from Canada, near Ottawa, but a lot of us head south for this surgery because the waiting list is a lot shorter than at home. I am hoping to get rid of diabetes, sleep apnea, fibromyalgia pain, degenerative disk and a host of other problems, along with about 90 pounds. I worried about not waking up, not being able to follow the diet, not being able to exercise and excess skin. I'm sure I will feel a lot different on August 8th. How about you? Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1114 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views