new to site...VSG on August 5, 2008

august52008
on 7/28/08 5:27 am
VSG on 08/05/08 with
Hi all, I've been a lurker on this site for a while, but with my surgery date rapidly approaching I decided to join. I decided to have VSG after struggle with my pregnacy weight gain that just won't budge for more than 6 years. Throughout my life I have had to battle to keep my weight down, but it was somewhat manageable and I managed to be a fit 140 pounds until I was pregnant. I have not broke past the 190 mark in 6 years and am currently 210. My cholesterol is off the charts, as are my trigycerides. I am absolutely miserable fat. To make it worse, my husband (superfit) and I own a fitness center. Nothing like working out 5 days a week for an hour or more on the eliptical and not losing a pound!!! My breaking point came earlier this summer. I had decided this was my last summer fat so I joined a physician supervised weight loss program. I up'd my workout and cut back/eliminated all bad foods and yet after two months I was only down 4 pounds. My mom, my angel is paying for me to have this procedure as my insurance is super duper crappy. Now that I am days away I am scared to death. This isn't my first surgery but I'm worried to death. Reading the other posts really makes me feel more confident that I am doing the right thing.
dec721
on 8/1/08 8:34 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Well, I'm only two days after you, also getting sleeved. Sleevesters rock! Just don't hog the last seat on the losers bench; scoot over and leave a place for me! --Dorothy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1114 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views