HELP - 5 days post op and I am starving!!!!

hmcrae06
on 8/1/08 3:19 am - SC
I had surgery on 7/28/08 and I am soo very hungry for things I cannot have!!!!! I gag trying to get in the protein and I am still supposed to be on clear liquids. I have been near tears because I feel so weak. I would give an arm for a piece of toast or some scrambled eggs! ANY suggestions???? - I have tried powdered protein, pre-made isopure drinks,sugar free jello, and broth -all of it makes me gag!
cloudkid10
on 8/2/08 9:21 am
By 5 days post op I was eating cottage cheese..I think I ate french fries too after that many days..Its whatever works for you..You were lap banded right? When I was banded I was only on clear liquids for a day or two..
cloudkid10
on 8/2/08 9:22 am
Oops you had RNY..Why not try some sugar free sorbet? Or a popsicle?
bypass4nancy
on 8/2/08 3:06 pm
I am about one week away from surgery. I have been drinking protein shakes for over two weeks and trying all kinds of things My best purchase was a new blender by Hamilton Beach with 8 settings including smoothie and ice drink. I bought the new Hazelnut sugar free on the go cappuccino drink mix. I add this to warm skim milk or water and add a bit of vanilla , a dash of sugar free creamer and 1 scoop of vanilla EAS protein. You can add ice if you want it cool. It is delicious. I only buy vanilla protein. You can do so much more with it.
Jayne
on 8/5/08 1:58 am - Swiftwater, PA
Sugar Free popsicles were a help for me.... flavored herbal teas (try some fruit teas)...have some iced and some hot...You'll be amazed at the different flavors form hot vs iced. Don't buy too much of any on thing cause you don't know what you'll like -- variety packs of helped me decide that I like cinamon apple the best. Hang in there.
jettacole
on 8/21/08 12:26 pm
 I am 3 week post and straving,I won't have my first fill until 6 weeks post-op,I only did liquids for about a week,I then started on Instant oatmeal with peaches and skim milk-No Sugar,Cream of wheat,mash potatoes,and sub way tuna..But go slow I tried gravy 5 days post op and got really sick at 4am in the morning..Did not gag but had a really upset tubby and took phenagran for a week after just due to fear.
Go slow and don't push to much at once..I would start with milky mash potatoes the first and sencnd day they seem to be gentle. Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1115 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views