surgery date moved :o(

LVSissy08
on 8/12/08 9:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
now will be 8/19/08... and may change again if my insurance company doesn't get their act straight!!
Mommyambie
on 8/13/08 12:08 am - TX
I'm sorry they moved your date. When was your origninal date? Mine is the 19th. Its only 6 more days dont worry.. Goodluck!
robyns410
on 8/16/08 3:22 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Don't worry you will be back on the schedule soon. 22 yrs ago when I had my RNY, I came into the hospital 2 days before my surgery for a final pre op clearance, my insurance company informed the hospital they would not cover it. I called the gentleman who administered the plan for the New Jersey Highway Authority (very large public service union group) and suggested that he contact his legal department. I asked him to find out what would be cheaper, to pay for the surgery or have my heirs take legal action if something happened to my due to my medical conditions. I told him I would wait for an hour for an answer. I left the hospital, but by the time I got home (before cell phones) I had a message waiting for me to "hurry back to the Medical Center, my surgery was covered". At the time RNY was not listed as an exclusion to our plan. As a matter of fact, RNY became a covered proceedure the followig year. Be patient. So far my surgery dated has be postponed twice, not due to coverage, due to the surgeon. I am waiting for a new date. Robyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1113 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 873 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 848 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1084 views