3 days Post-OP

jenslosinglog
on 8/16/08 5:59 am - Tulsa, OK
I had surgery on Wednesday the 13th and I am feeling great. I have already lost 7.5 pounds since my weigh-in before surgery. I cleaned house today so not sore but definately feel a little tired after activity. I'm guessing this is normal. Also I do not have any physical hunger pains however the mental ones are very tough. How did everyone that has has surgery get through the first 2 weeks post-op??
adperez
on 8/16/08 1:28 pm - NJ
Happy to hear your doing so well, no advise I'm having surgery on monday good luck and keep moving everyone tells me it the best thing to do and sip sip sip lots of water
misphitt
on 8/17/08 6:46 am
I had my surgery done the same day and feel really well. I've always been a couch potato, so cleaning house isn't something I normally want to do, but I have at least given it some thought in the last few days and it scares me. I'm staying fairly quiet until Wednesday when I see my surgeon again. I did find my self looking longingly at a package of potatoe chips at a frineds house Friday afternoon, and realized what I was thinking. I never even really ate that many potatoe chips in the past so it did surprise me a bit. Glad you are doing so great.
diggityd15
on 8/17/08 3:17 pm
RNY on 08/07/08 with
Jennifer, I had surgery on Thursday the 7th, and I've been feeling awesome. I got home from the hospital on Saturday, the 9th. I was watching TV, and it seemed like the only thing on TV was food commercials! I had never thought about food as much as I did then. It turned out that I really was hungry, I was eating (or drinking really) 1/3 of the food/drink I should have been. Once I got on track with my intake, I haven't really thought about food much since then! You'll do fine, my surgeon cleared me for semi-solids about a week after surgery and I've had clear sailing since then! Best of luck! Dave
donnaS1
on 8/18/08 3:55 am - San Antonio, TX
I'm so glad to hear you are feeling this well. I am having my surgery next Tuesday and have been scared to death that the postop would be extremely painful. I know that alot of people don't have much pain, but my daughter had the surgery in January and had a very painful recovery. Thanks for the encouragement!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1115 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views