gastric bypass with lapband

olive56
on 8/16/08 10:03 am
Hi , has anyone had a gastric bypass and have a lapband over it ?
twinsdaddy
on 8/17/08 3:39 am - winthrop, MA
as far as i know and from everything ive learned since i had my bypass in june thats not possable after bypass your pouch is the size of an egg there would be no where to put it let alone no reason for it
Devildawg
on 8/17/08 7:00 am
That would be strange...why would you band an already small pouch...that almost sounds deadly.
olive56
on 8/17/08 8:04 pm
Hi, thanks for responding. Unfortunately when I had my RNY done I couldn't eat anything at the point where I was to have started with soft foods and I wasn't able to hold much down. So the gastro doctor had to take a look and dilate it a bit , it had to be done 3 times. Of course I listened to what the doctors were saying. And instead of waiting a longer period of time in between dilations, which should have been done . It was done fairly quick. So of course when you heal, your scar relaxes a bit more so you end up having more room. And the outcome was that my stoma became enlarged to where I started putting weight back on . It has taken me 1 year and 4 surgeon to find out what happen and why I was not feeling the full feeling we all get. So in reality I almost back to where I started out before surgery , with no tool to help the fight. I put 25 pounds back on .I had the surgery in Nov of 2005 by a first class doctor who once I had the surgery never followed up on the dilations with the gastro doctor and doesn't do revison work so I had to find my own way. The new surgeon was recommend to me by my family doctor who is a first class M.D. , his associated son had surgery with the new doctor. So I am in good hands. So both the gastro and bypass doctor are doing the surgery to make sure everything goes in the right place. This turns out to be more common then I knew. I just wanted to find out how fast the weight comes off. I guess it must be like a lap band surgery. I had lost 95 lbs. originally . Sorry for going on its the shortest way I could explain it. I go for surgery Sept. 2. Again thanks
LOVEBEINGHEALTHY

on 8/18/08 2:23 am
I read recently somewhere on this site that a female had RNY then she gained almost all of her weight back and then went and had the LAP BAND done.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1115 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views