surgery date

jennifer37tn
on 8/18/08 1:14 am
hey hey!!! everyone well im finally having my surgery next tuesday!!!!!!!!! august 26 th, i am so ecited. im on my pre-op diet right now starting tommorow its the all liquid lol so far im doing great. any ideas on coping on just 4 slim fast a day . im really new to this sight so it may take me awhile to get the hang of it, so bare with me. thanks and any help on things that were tolerated somewhat well after surgery and ur home would be of great help, look forward to chatting with ya'll Jenn
donnaS1
on 8/18/08 3:46 am - San Antonio, TX
Hi Jenn, I'm having RNY on Aug. 26 too (in San Antonio). I started the liquid diet today - very tough already! I watched my daughter have the surgery in January and she stayed with us for several weeks afterward. For the first 2-3 weeks she did not want anything to do with food at all. It was tough to get her to eat sugar free popsicles. The toughest part was finding vitamins she could tolerate. Most of the chewable multivitamins we tried made her throw up and the pills got stuck. We found some liquids and that seemed to work better. Are you nervous at all? I am. I know it is the best way for me to get rid of the diabetes, hypertension, etc. But, I feel pretty scared. What about you?
jennifer37tn
on 8/20/08 2:30 am
yes i have been on this surgery for 3 years , due to excessive surgies i have had i have packed on about 95 lbs with my knees getting worse and all the above lol. i am not nervous, im so excited i just cant wait til tuesday lol. dont be nervous , just think of how much better you will feel and look. and all the medications you will be able to void out in the future!!!! how is your daughter doing now?? i will pray for you!!! keep in contact jenn
donnaS1
on 8/20/08 7:25 am - San Antonio, TX
So are you RNY? I have been on the forum alot the last two days. It has helped my nerves quite a bit. I'm looking forward to the results, just not the post-op pain! My daughter is doing great. She has lost 108 lbs. She wants to lose about another 40-50 lbs. Recently she has been going through some of the "food addiction" struggles. She has gotten in the habit of eating Cheez it's - and of course she can it a bunch of those throughout the day. But, she sent me a link to the daily plate food diary and we are going to start doing it together. She will be back on track in no time! Thanks for the prayer, that is what will get me through for sure. Today I found the verse that I will carry with me through this surgery. I will be praying for you as well. Let's get in touch once we get home. I'll be thinking about you. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone will keep me safe. Psalm 4:8.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1113 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 873 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 848 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1084 views