paying for your surgery

soniagrouvillia
on 8/25/08 11:44 pm - eunice, LA
whay do u have to go through when u pay ? is it easier than doin the ins. route...
Nicki H.
on 8/29/08 1:58 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I paid for my surgery b/c my insurance doesn't cover banding...covers bypas though???  Anyhow, I was financed through a company called Reliance Medical Financing.  If you don't qualify by yourself you can get it with a cosigner.   My surgery was in Puerto Vallarta, so while I had to do some things it was nothing like in the states or insurance.  He had my fill out a very lengthy and in depth questionare.  When we arrived at the hospital in PV, I had blood work and an EKG done that had to be approved before surgery could start.  Everything was fine and in surgery in about 3 hours.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

cherri33
on 8/29/08 3:38 am - MS
My insurance doesn't cover any type of WLS.  The doctor gave me a list of charges whi*****luded the hospital, secondary doctors, etc.  I had the bank cut the checks and four days later had surgery.  It was sooooooooo easy.

jiji21
on 8/30/08 11:59 am - fort stockton, TX
I self payed as well and have to say it was very easy.  You don't have to follow the insurance rules like 6 months diet and such.  I scheduled my surgery, paid the bill, and had it the next week.  Preparation with my surgeon took about 3 months.  If you don't wanna wait on the insurance approval you can pay and submit it to insurance for reimbursement but that's risky.  Just remember, paying for this surgery is a huge tax write-off as you can deduct it if you are morbidly obese.
Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1115 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views