weight gain

mndane
on 8/30/08 8:10 am - MN
I had my surgery on thursday and I got home today Saturday. After three days in the hospital my weight is up by 15 lbs.Is that normal ?. All I eat is a few oz of the clear liquet diet. Could it be from all the IV I had hooked up ?. My surgery went well and I feel good but I was suprised about the weight gain. Has anyone had the same happening to them ?.
Jody H.
on 8/30/08 9:01 am - Des Moines, IA
It is totally normal to gain weight .. it IS from the fluids they pushed in the IV.      I had surgery on Tuesday - and weighed at the hospital on Thursday - up 10+ pounds.    By this morning it had come back off.

jiji21
on 8/30/08 11:51 am - fort stockton, TX
I was wondering the same thing.  I gained 9 pounds while i was in the hospital.  it hasn't come off yet either, lol. my surgery was tuesday and i checked out thursday.
ELGREEN32
on 8/30/08 12:02 pm
It will come off like crazy. I am approx. 8 days post op and i gained 12 lbs. but on about day five, once i started walking alot i urinated like 8 times that day and the weight was off and an additional  6 lbs since surgery. Stay with it Bro.
twincitiesbear
on 8/31/08 2:31 am - Burnsville, MN
Gained 9 lbs here.  It is all gone and more since surgery.  Lots of folks gain due to fluids.  Your walking will help get rid of that. 
Michael
High/surgery/current/goal
409/383/223/225

mndane
on 8/31/08 7:55 am - MN
Thanks for the response guys. It makes me feel alot better to know that I am not the only one. I did a lot of research before my surgery but I did not bother to check out how I would feel. Suprise suprise, weight gain bloatet dizzy loose stools ect ect. How could I not have expected this. I sure hope things get better soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1115 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views