These itchies are killing me...

Shella M.
on 8/31/08 2:11 am
I am 10 days post op and I expected the inicision sites to be itchy from healing but is it normal for my whole stomach to be itchy?   It doesn't happen all the time but seems to come in wavs.  I still have steristips so I hesitate to put lotion on.  I figure it is dry skin but don't want the steri strips to come off too soon.   Anyone else?

Shell RNY 8/21/08

pino_jrp
on 8/31/08 3:08 am - MOUNT VERNO, WA
Lap Band on 08/20/08 with
Hi Sheila,

I had my surgery August 20 and I also have itching.  All of my bandages are now off and it seems where the port is, is the itchiest.  I was glad to read about someone else also itching as it was concerning me.  I also have a swollen area where my port is which is just slightly swollen.  Do you have any swelling?  How has the first 2 weeks been for you?  I've done well with all the liquid diets.... but sure would like something to actually chew up.  I end my solid liquids this wednesday and then move on to pureade (?) food, like babyfood.  Let me know how your doing beings we are close in our surgery dates.  Hope to hear back.

Joyce
from washington state
ELGREEN32
on 8/31/08 4:18 am

I am 9 days post op and i too am itching. Not as bad as i was around days 5 and 6. I think mine was due to the support band. the entry port in the center of my stomach itches the most, and of the four smaller incisions it has some swelling and most of the itching. actually my whole fromt belly itches alot. other than some slight pain from where the tube was everything seems ok. Glad to know two other people itch. Congradulations to both of you on your surgeries.

Shella M.
on 8/31/08 5:52 am

UT OH   Was I supposed to continue wearing that support band?   I haven't really worn it since most of the soreness went away.   I don't have any tubes or anything.   Geesh I honestly was trying to do everything to a T to what my doctor said to do.  And thanks for the congratulations and back at you.   :)  

Shell RNY 8/21/08

tamla
on 8/31/08 9:11 am
Lap Band on 08/19/08 with
when it itches, it is healing.
wynnl456
on 8/31/08 9:26 am - Greensboro, NC
Congratulations on your surgery. You are just healing!! I had my surgery July 21st and it took a couple of weeks for my incisions to stop itching.
Shella M.
on 8/31/08 3:13 pm

thank you so much... guess i'm just going to have to let it ride out... no backing out now lol

Shell RNY 8/21/08

Jennie L.
on 9/3/08 1:39 pm - Dallas/Duncanville, TX

OH yeah, I'm itching too and boy is it driving me nuts.  I can't itch it, so I scratch around out.  I make circles around those spots lol to help, but it still itches.  And like they said, its because its healing, so smile and remember its a good thing. 

I never got a support band, so not sure what that is!!??

Shella M.
on 9/7/08 8:05 pm
 Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.   I have been working alot.  The support band was what they put around my tummy after surgery.   Kinda looks like those back support belts only it doesn't have the over the shoulder straps.   Kinda felt like a girdle when I first wore it but it sure felt better than not for the first few days after surgery. 

Shell RNY 8/21/08

Stacy71
on 9/4/08 2:31 am - OH
I love this post because I am itching too.  I had rny on 8/28 and I feel great, but I keep laughing at myself because I am constantly scratching my tummy.  It sounds like this shall pass! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1113 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 873 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 848 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1084 views