2 weeks post op

StacyD
on 9/2/08 5:00 am - kimball, TN
Hey everyone!  My name is Stacy and I'm from around the Chattanooga Area.  I had my band done on August 18 by Dr. Stephen Boyce out of Knoxville. I am now 2 weeks and 1 day post op and 13 pounds lighter (as of today).  I didn't have a preop diet so the 13 pounds is since the day I went in for surgery.  I see peop that had the surgery the same day or close to when i did and they have lost more weight than I have and that really depresses me.  I know everyone loses at a different rate and speed, but I want to lose more than what I have lost.  Does anyone know if the weight these other people have lost is since their surgery or does it include their preop diet also?
tamla
on 9/3/08 1:14 pm
Lap Band on 08/19/08 with
Hi Stacy. you are doing fantastic. I was banded on August 19th. My weight tracker is from the day I had surgery.Stay focused and you will do wonderful
didi72
on 9/4/08 2:02 am

I had my surgery August 7, 2008 and I had a pre op liquid diet and so far I had lost 25 pounds, however I had a complication with some foods I ate and now I am back on the liquid diet, but I think is better to loose the weight slowly. You are doing great. Good luck.

jiji21
on 9/7/08 9:03 am - fort stockton, TX
I lost 12 pounds in the first 9 days after surgery.  But just remember everyone loses at a different rate.  Don't dwell on the scales.  I try not to weigh daily but every 2 or 3 days.  If not i would obsess over it.  Just be happy in the fact that you are losing and take inspiration from that.  Best of luck!
Jiji
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1113 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 873 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 848 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1084 views