Need help: Is this normal? 1 week out

Aimskrdoodle
on 9/4/08 1:42 am
gas/bloating when does it go away?

My name is Aimee, I had surgery a week ago. I am having trouble with my bowels. I am so bloated and swollen. Beyound uncomfortable. Is this normal? Any suggestions??

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrxicYf/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wrxicYf/weight.png">>

MelissaPye
on 9/6/08 7:56 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I was told to use Milk of Magnesia (sp?) if I was having trouble with BM's but as for gas, I'm not sure...Sorry I cant be of any help.
Melissa
Karen M.
on 9/6/08 2:06 pm - Calabasas, CA
gas-x strips work good for me and walk walk walk!!! that gets the gas moving downward,lol. Oh and if you are drinking your protein shakes they can make you bloat my doc told me to drink all my water so that wont happen.
one more thing stay away from milk b/c it can cause gas and discomfort too.

jiji21
on 9/7/08 8:59 am - fort stockton, TX
I had diarrhea for 5 days after I came home from the hospital.  I also had the bloats and bad abdominal cramps.  It will pass, just try to get through it, one day at a time.
Jennie L.
on 9/7/08 2:34 pm - Dallas/Duncanville, TX

Yeah, I see it posted already but the Gas-X strips work, and WALKING.  That also helps you recover faster and keeps your chances for blood clots down.  So walk walk walk as much as you can.

That gas should pass in the next few days.  I think mine was gone by a week out.

-Jennie-

Shella M.
on 9/7/08 8:18 pm
I had some gas pain in the first week but to be honest I think I have more now with eating the cottage cheese, yogurt, and eggs part of the diet if I don't walk a bit after eating.   I think it is completely normal.   Good luck!

Shell RNY 8/21/08

dawnie810
on 9/8/08 1:38 am - Chepachet, RI
Hi Aimee,

If it weren't for my gas pains, I wouldn't of had anything to complain about..LOL  I had gastric surgery on 8/25/08.  I also used the Gas-X strips once I got home and I also put Bene-fiber in one protein shake per day.  This should help you.  Good luck!!

Dawnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1115 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views