August Updates, come join in!

heyheyhey
on 9/10/08 7:50 am - WA

What was your surgery date?

How are you feeling?

What is your favorite food on your menu?

How much have you lost?

What type of surgery did you have?

What else?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
heyheyhey
on 9/10/08 10:00 am - WA

What was your surgery date? Aug 26

How are you feeling? Sore still!  Working on getting better, day by day it gets a little easier

What is your favorite food on your menu? Cream of wheat, I know I will get tired of it soon.

How much have you lost? 22 lbs since the 26th

What type of surgery did you have? lap RNY plus gall bladder removal

What else? not too much else, I am very excited to move though the stages of eating.  I have to wait to get clearance to work out but I really do not feel like it yet since I am so sore.

Shella M.
on 9/10/08 12:43 pm

What was your surgery date? August 21, 2008

How are you feeling? Absolutely Wonderful.   I have more energy than I had before surgery and I am so much more optimistic about my whole life.

What is your favorite food on your menu? Right now I really don't have one.  Can't wait til the 21st when I can have cantelope though lol 

How much have you lost? I lost 22 lbs in the first thirteen days.   I go back to my PCP on the 16th and will find out how much more then.  

What type of surgery did you have?  RNY

What else? I am so happy to have these boards and people that understand just how much the weight loss means to me.  

Shell RNY 8/21/08

Jennie L.
on 9/10/08 2:47 pm - Dallas/Duncanville, TX

What was your surgery date? August 21, 08

How are you feeling?  GREAT!!!  Little discomfort at times, but feeling fabulous!

What is your favorite food on your menu? vegetarian refried beans, mashed tattoos, bananas, tuna salad

How much have you lost? 27 lbs as of 09/08/08

What type of surgery did you have? Lap RNY

What else?  SOoooooo excited that I'm doing so well, hoping it stays this great for me and everyone else!!

-Jennie-

donnaS1
on 9/11/08 3:13 am - San Antonio, TX
Surgery Date:       8/26/08

How am I feeling:    Pretty good.  I still have pain, but Tylenol usually takes care of it.  I'm back at                                 work 4-6 hours a day.

Favorite food:          Dannon Light & Fit Cherry Yogurt

Lost:                           19 pounds

Surgery:                      RNY

What else:                   We just bought the Wii Fit package.  I couldn't use it last night because I                                      was hurting.  I can't wait to try it out!!!!

If you have Faith nothing shall be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:20

Lisa H.
on 9/11/08 3:46 am - Dexter, MI
Hi
My surgery date was Aug 11th.
I'm feeling quite well now.
My fqavorite food is greek yogurt with tsp of honey added.
I've lost 21 lbs.
I had a VSG

Lisa H
WendyWindow
on 9/19/08 6:55 pm - UK
 Hi Lisa,

I was quite excited to have found someone that had their VSG on the same day as me!
I am starting to feel better and better each day.  Have you started exercising? I have waited until now because I was getting so very tired all the time.  Going to try and get going this week. Getting to know my body more now, when to stop, what food makes me feel unwell etc

I did not tell anyone at work what operation I had, still undecided on whether or not that was the right thing to do as I have lots of support at home and with friends but nothing when I am at work.  Really avoiding social gatherings and celebrations at work, running out of excuses not to attend.  In restaurants, I feel embaressed as they always ask if there was something wrong with the food, but obviously I just cannot eat much now.  Eating with work colleagues is also difficult, I take so long and go into a total panic if they dont have soup on the menu.

Do you think I should speak to a few people at work openly about it or keep going as in 2-3 months, things will be much easier anyway?

Lisa H.
on 9/22/08 12:33 am - Dexter, MI
Hi Wendy
Sounds like you are doing great.  I started excercising 2 weeks ago.  That really frustrates me because my weight loss has sloweed so much.  I've lost only 26 poundws.  I started doing jazzercise.

I have told some people at work.  Didn't want to go thru the stress of what you are going thru.  However now I feel like I'm not losing fast enough and wish I didn't tell people.  I'v been trying to order of  the kids menu at restaurants.  Most have been very accomodating.

Good luck, keep me posted.

Lisa
heyheyhey
on 9/11/08 4:05 am - WA
I am so glad to hear everyone is feeling well.  I hope my soreness goes away soon! 

Everyone has great weightloss!!!
Penny Z.
on 9/12/08 6:35 am - lake charles, LA

What was your surgery date?  Aug 1st

How are you feeling?  wonderful

What is your favorite food on your menu? peanut butter and banana

How much have you lost?  46 pounds

What type of surgery did you have? bypass

What else  watching hurricnae ike!  We are staying to ride it out....make sme have the munchies!

PennyZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1114 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views