5 Weeks Post Surgery Questions and Worries

WendyWindow
on 9/12/08 7:38 am - UK
 Hello everyone.  Still happy with my sleeve.  Weight loss in the first 3 weeks was great, but has slowed down now to about 1kg a week or so.  My current weight is 86kg's.  I wrote down my calories consumed today and it was 1100. Bit worried that it may be too much, that I am picking up bad habits and snacking on things I would not have done before the surgery because they go down ok Vs any sold food or even slightly lumpy food. Probably not drinking enough liquids either, but it takes so long to eat anything and you have to wait so long before and after eating to avoid this dumping syndrome.  Have not really started exercising yet, only feel ready to do so now as I am starting to feel my old self again. Suppose I am just really bored with the liquids and soups. Also find that I forget to eat or drink slower sometimes and then feel really nauseous and uncomfortable.  When I have felt unwell, it was definitely because I ate to much, too fast or the wrong thing so fully accept that it has been self inflicted.  Any comments appreciated. Suppose just having an off day, worried that I wont get to my goal and that I am stretching my new smaller tummy.
catinthehat
on 9/24/08 8:29 pm - New Zealand
Hi Wendy, I'm sleeved too and the weight loss has been good some weeks and non-existent others. I think this is normal ?? I ahve the same concerns as you, that i am eating to ofast and too much sometimes, guess its a big learning curve and will take a while to get used to the new way of eating.I'm finding it hard to get all the water in each day, I'm sure thats not doing me any favours.
And  I worry I'm going to strech my new little ummy too !!
Catherine
Magyargal
on 12/9/08 1:09 pm
I Just wanted to mention that  2.205 = 1 Kg. There  About.  Am I correct Wendy? Have agreat journey. We use Kg "kilograms" in Hungary too is how I know that... Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

WendyWindow
on 12/11/08 4:39 am - UK
Hi Alizka,

Yep, that is correct.  I usually work on 2.2pounds to a Kg. I am doing really well now and 4-months post operation.  I now weigh 74Kg's and have lost 20kg's over the four months. Would like to get down to 68kg's as this puts me technically in a normal BMI weight range so not to long to go.  Still lose on average 1kg a week. Sometimes nothing for two weeks and the 2kg's in one week.  How are you doing?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1113 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 873 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 848 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1084 views