not feeling well...3 weeks out

izzyboo
on 9/12/08 1:13 pm - PA
its been 3 weeks since my surgery and as of my 2 week appt i had lost 30 pounds.  now my surgeon has me on a soft and pureed food diet.  i am trying really hard to get all my fluids and protiens but i am just not feeling well.  i have been feeling really weak and faint the past 2 days.  i have no energy to do anything.  my apartment looks like a bomb went off in it cuz i cant get the energy to do anything.  any advice?  is anyone else experiencing this?  i will try harder with the fluids and protien i guess and see if that helps.  any advice from you guys?  thanks in advance!
jiji21
on 9/13/08 7:23 am - fort stockton, TX
I've had a few off days as well.  a couple of days ago i was getting dizzy everytime i stood up.  the replies i got was that it was either low blood pressure or dehydration.  i kinda feel like it could also be that i'm not getting much food in so i'm weak.  i'm lucky to get 1 meal in a day.  it's getting better now and i just have to make myself eat even if i don't want it.  try to get as much water in as possible and maybe start taking some b12 for energy.  hang in there, you'll get past it!
izzyboo
on 9/14/08 6:24 am - PA
well yesterday i was feeling a bit better.  managed a trip to walmart to pick up a few things.  but then this morning i ate breakfast and promptly got very sick and threw up.  really not feeling good now!  even water is water me feel kinda sick to my stomach.  so i know i am not getting all my fluids today.  am really trying though.  i dont know what made me sick...i ate something i have eaten before and had no problem with.  i am really going through the "what have i done?"  feelings right now.  i dont even feel like eating.  have to force myself to eat.  will get a b12 shot when i go in for my 6 week check on october 2 so hopefully that will help.
Jennie L.
on 9/14/08 11:24 am - Dallas/Duncanville, TX
I'm taking b12 sublingual dots!  You can put them under your tongue.  I take one every other day.  I was taking them daily before surgery, so trying to keep it up.  Just make sure to keep your fluids going and if you are really struggling, then call your dr.

-Jennie-

heyheyhey
on 9/19/08 2:47 am - WA
I hope you feel better soon!
WendyWindow
on 9/19/08 6:43 pm - UK
 Hi.  It has been 6 weeks since my operation.  I totally know how you feel, it was exactly the same for me.  The doctor said all along that I will be fine to go back to work 2 weeks after the op.  And true to a certain extent but for at least the first 4 to 5 weeks, I was feeling exhausted and tired a lot of the time. I would have short bursts of energy and then feel so very week and tired afterwards.  Things do get better slowly though.  Even now at 6 weeks, I still have some days where I am need to rest for couple of hours.  Fortunately my job does not require much physical work, but even the travelling gets to me.  Once I am there and on the computer, I tend to be fine.  I was not originally taking much note of avoiding the 'dumping syndrome', thought it meant predominantly diarhoea. I then realised that feeling so weak after eating is also part of the dumping syndrome.  This is caused by eating too fast, drinking to close before or after eating etc.  Hope this helps x
Shella M.
on 9/20/08 4:07 am
Just wanted to say I hope you are feeling better.  I will be a month out tomorrow and most of my experience has been great.  There are those times when i eat something that doesn't agree with me.  

Shell RNY 8/21/08

kath62
on 9/21/08 8:47 pm - Raleigh, NC
I found it most important for me to get my protein drinks in.  I found a crystal light (5 cal) to mix with the vanilla powder because it tasted nasty and I feel much better.  I made a big mistake one time and had the protein drink at night and I suffered for hours.  I just had my surgery on 8/20 and am still suffering from pain around the port area.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I still am at that stage where I'm not supposed to lift things but living alone makes that pretty hard.  I also wanted to know what it's like after the first adjustment?  Any suggestions on how to handle it?
nofrogs29
on 9/24/08 3:39 am - Fairfax, VA
I am four weeks out and just this week started feeling a little bit more like living! I have been listless, tired, no energy and couldn't even imagine walking for thirty minutes. However, I do feel like i turned a corner this last week but still cannot get the protein in (I get sick if I try to eat what I am supposed to!) So I live on popsickles and protein shakes. I think everything you are feeling is normal.

Maggie
izzyboo
on 9/24/08 8:39 am - PA
thanks guys its good to know that i am not the only one.  i am slowly feeling better though i am having a really hard time getting all my protien and fluids in.  have to work harder at that i guess!  have only gotten sick once so far which i am grateful for.  i am still having a little trouble with driving.  the muscle around where my hernia was that they discovered hurts if i drive too long.  but other than that i am feeling alot better!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1113 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 873 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 848 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1084 views