Esophogeal Stricture after Gastric Bypass

carlasanchez
on 9/16/08 5:59 am
I am six weeks post gastric bypass and have had 3 esophogeal dialations to open up an esophogeal stricture. I have been to the point where I am unable to take any liquids down at all and have thrown up foam constantly. Had my last dialation a week ago and have been feeling good , thank god. Just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through this?
jiji21
on 9/17/08 1:10 am - fort stockton, TX
I'm so sorry you've had to go through this.  I haven't had this experience but it sounds miserable.  Good luck this time!
jeancall
on 9/28/08 5:50 pm
I had a stricture, but I did not know it until seven weeks.

i had leaking, and was in hospital a week after going home for a few days.

I could not drink more than 8 oz a day, and it hurt to eat. I just thought it was normal.

The doctor said to not wait, for the dilation. They said that they normally did a maximum of
three for people to get the thing fixed.

It was a shock to me, but the dilation was easy and worked well.

jeanne call
Dot T.
on 1/18/09 9:05 am - Bartlesville, OK
This is an old post...  but, just in case someone is reading... 

I had surgery august 13 and did well until the weekend of labor day when I started throwing things up.  I thought I was trying to eat the wrong things, eating too fast, or not chewing well enough.  Well, the throwing up started getting worse and worse each day.  Finally, I decided to let my pouch rest and only drink shakes for the day.  I couldn't keep them down either.  So, I thought I'd go to clear liquids, still didn't hold that down either.  I was even having to spit out my saliva because NOTHING would stay down.

I ended up going in to have an EGD on Sept. 19 and the doctor said I had a "pinhole" stricture.  As soon as I woke up, I was feeling better.  I went straight back into my regular diet that I was on at the time and have not thrown up again since.

Dot
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1107 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 844 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1080 views