August banders?

mom2eli
on 8/30/10 9:12 am
Hi realize or lab banders, wondering if we can compare notes.  How are you doing?  What are you eating?  Any tips to share? 

I had surgery 8/25 - recovery has been a breeze, by concern right now is that I am getting my appetite back.  I get conflicting info on what  I should be eating. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/10 7:17 pm - Hatboro, PA
Hello!  I had my Realize Band placed on 8/24, so just a day before you!    Let me just say congratulations on having your surgery, and I wish you nothing but the best on your weight loss journey. 

As for me, I too haven't had any problems in my recovery.  In fact, I've kind of been surprised at how little pain I've felt. 

I honestly haven't had many problems with feeling hungry, so I don't have any tips on overcoming that...  As for what I've been eating... Every few hours I've just been drinking a glass of fat-free milk with sugar free carnation instant breakfast in it, or I've been having some yogurt without any added sugar.  I'm kind of getting sick of having the same thing over and over again, so I can't wait to get past this 2 week liquid diet and progress to pureed foods!
JalalH
on 9/6/10 6:05 am
Hi! I was banded on 8/30 and had a pretty rough couple of days but I am MUCH better now. I seem to be getting some energy back and am not feeling as nauseous. My surgeon only required a one day liquid and then right to puree....ugghh I hate the way that word sounds! I have tried greek yogurt with fresh fruit blended with a pack of splenda...yum. Of course it is only 1 or 2 oz at a time a few times a day. I also have been drinking a lot of the medifast broths, again only a few oz but it keeps me from getting dizzy. I have pureed some veggie soup but just could not eat it...yuck! Liquid seems to be easier & more appetizing for now. I did buy some little tiny bowls & spoons ....that really has helped with portioning. Can't wait til I settle into a new "normal" .Looking forward to making new friends on here!
Most Active
Recent Topics