Recent Posts

erica_starks
on 5/29/11 4:28 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery was August 27, 2010
I too am having the same issue. When I look at my diet without the rose tinted glasses of 'I'm doing everything fine' I discovered that I wasn't doing everything fine. In fact, nothing bothers my pouch at this point except fried foods...so I have been eating everything but fried foods. Way to many carbs if you know what I mean. Today was the first day in at least a month that I focused on no 'bad' carbs. I did have some carbs...salad for lunch and some Indian cauliflower and potato dish with dinner, but not the crackers, bread, chips, etc. Not sure if there will be a difference on the scale tomorrow, but my head feels better tonight. Also, I know I am not doing the recommended 60+ minutes of exericise per day. So I have been trying to get a walk with the kids after work this week. I hope to see a difference on the scale, since I still have 60 pounds or so to go. Have you really looked at what you are doing/not doing?

_Karen
on 5/25/11 8:31 am - Clearwater, FL
Mine has slowed down too but I have had a slow weight loss anyways.  Lost 4.4 last month and so far this month I have lost 7 which is actually one of my better months now that I look at it.  I wasn't eating enough I know that for sure, so this month I made sure I ate more and drank more protien drinks EAS.  My water intake sucks though

erica_starks
on 5/25/11 8:01 am
Topic: RE: How are August RNY People doing today?
My surgery was 8/11/10. My original start weight was 317 and am now down to 216 as of this morning. I had been down to 212, but this past weekend was emotional and I ate through it. Hope to be doing better about that now that I am feeling better. It sure did remind me that the surgery is just one of the tools and I still need to be in charge.
aspan
on 5/21/11 9:14 pm
Perhaps nothing..what is your start weight/current weight? If you are close to your goal you will start loosing slower or maybe you are in a stall. Are you tracking everything you eat? I use fitday and love it..counts carbs too which I shoot for 50 or under a day..are you getting at LEAST 60 grams of protein? Sometimes it helps me when I up my calories for a week or two and then decrease them in order to get off a stall...
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Sfitisem
on 5/11/11 4:49 am - Fontana, CA
Hi there! My start weight was 270, I weigh 185. My surgery was Aug 27th.  I feel like I just can't get this last 30 lbs off! Any suggestions?
Sfitisem
on 5/11/11 4:45 am - Fontana, CA
Topic: Surgery was August 27, 2010
Weight loss has slowed dramatically. I work hard to lose it and only lose 2 pounds a month!
Is anyone else having this issue? What am I doing wrong that I'm not losing more weight?
Stacey N.
on 5/4/11 10:00 am - Chesapeake, VA
Topic: Surgery was Aug 31, 2010
How is everyone doing?  I am considered a lightweight and started at 208. I am now 132 and steadily losing. My goal is 120 and I am sure I will get there.
I had a hard time with the surgery itself but the worst was this past April 4th, I had my gall bladder removed, on the 5th I experienced MASSIVE pain in my abdomen, the 6th my surgeon did exploratory surgery and found a spot that was leaking into my abdomin. 5 hours later they sewed everything up, placed a drain tube and a feeding tube. I still have these tubes and hopefully will have them removed by the 13th of May.

So how has everyone else been doing?

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

MississippiGirl ..
on 2/25/11 3:18 am - Northwest of Atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: August 2010 Surgery - DS - how are you doing?
My surgery was Aug 11th and I've lost 90lbs, I feel soooo much better, I have energy and I'm not hurting like I was.  I actually feel like getting up and moving and playing w my kids which is the whole reason I had this surgery.  I'm LOVING my DS!!!!

Wendy
HW 311 - CW 207 - GW 150   5'2.5"  

dommiepa
on 2/11/11 9:15 pm - Towanda, PA
I had my surgery Ayg. 11, 2010 and am down 102 lbs post op.  182 lbs total.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

jeepee
on 1/23/11 6:32 am - Ivoryton, CT
I had my surgery Aug 31 started at 275 and down to 193 but in a stall now have been at 193 since Jan 8Th or so hope to keep losing everyone keep up the good work

Most Active
Recent Topics