Hello please help is it to late

jesusfinalanswer
on 1/5/06 12:21 pm - danville, KY
Ok I had my surgery sept 30 2004. I have only lost 83 lbs and it has been a year since I have lost anything. I am able to eat the amount I was before and do. I look at what others eat and know something isnt right. I lost my insurance through divorce so I cant go to get tests run. but they did a scope about 8 months ago and he said my stomach wasnt stretched. I cant seem to get back on track and dont even know what that is. What should and amount should I be eating. Please help.
rivercity4000
on 1/5/06 11:50 pm - VICKSBURG, MS
I would suggest that you go on an all liquid diet for a week it will shrink your stomach back down to want it was and make yourself only eat 3-4 oz of food at a time even if it is 6 times day. I am 4 days futher out than you and i still eat very little and exercise all the time i have stopped loosing but that is good for me i am down to 155 and that is as small as i need to be. I am stuffed if I eat a whole taco. and that is just meat and cheese and sour cream. I hope this will help you and good luck keep me updated Mike
Piggybabe
on 1/13/06 12:54 am
It is NEVER too late until you are dead!!! I liked the idea of the all-liquid diet for one week. That should help you get started again. Do you still have your paperwork/menu guide from your surgery? Go back to that and "start over". That will tell you what "on track" is. I had my surgery one day before yours and I've lost 125 lbs. and am still losing. It is SLOW, but I am still losing. I've got 25 more lbs. to lose. If you can, go see your dietician. They can REALLY help you. Do NOT give up. You have come tooooooo far to go back now!! Hugs, Pam
Jan Ocala
on 1/14/06 9:36 pm - Ocala, FL
Go back to basics like was suggested. Also, have you been drinking soda?? That won't help you! Stop now, if you have!!! Do NOT drink after you eat or before you eat or when you eat. If you do you will be able to eat much more! You might want to look at the book entitled "Success Habits For WLS Patients" by Colleen M. Cook. Her website is BariatricSupportCenter.com and the book is very basic, but in your case will remind you what you're supposed to be doing! I also just read it and it helped me also!! Jan
sharlene
on 1/20/06 12:51 pm - Nonesuch, KY
Hey, It is never too late! I agree with the liquid diet for a week. Also, don't forget to water load. I had my surgery at Georgetown also. Dr. Oldham did mine. I really think that the fluids help. Positive thinking is a big secret. Hang in there and always remember you are not alone. God bless
Amybee73
on 3/29/07 12:30 am
Your post and all the replies have helped tremendously! I am starting the liquid diet tomorrow. I am going on a vacation to Dayton Ohio next friday to visit my friend and I am so excited about starting over. Thanks again Love Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 884 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 822 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 877 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1133 views