gaining

Crewzer
on 8/25/08 11:23 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Carol,
Well you must remember that the Dr. didn't place a sword on our shoulder and knight us "skinny". This is a lifetime of effort on our part. Don't over obsess, but things like Fitday, personal trainer, forum group. etc will help you get thru all of this. I have put on 15lbs over the last 18 months. But now I am back to my protein basics, going to the gym and will lose it by my 3rd Surgiversary on Sept 22. How are you doing now?
CAROL W.
on 9/3/08 1:49 am - VERONA, PA
Thanks for your reply. I have also gone back to eating the protien. I got away from it. It seems to be working and I am starting to lose again. I went up to 217 and am done to 211. My lowest was 207. I still am trying to get below that 200 mark. I am determined to do it. My aniversery date is 9/13/08. 3 years. It is hard to believe it has been so long. I am so glad I did the surgery. I can't imagine where I would be now If I didn't. I'm sure you will lose that 15lbs. Just keep that positive outlook

Carol
9/13/05 301/233/150
Crewzer
on 9/3/08 2:38 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thanks Carol. The struggle goes on. But is one that I am winning. I was looking at some old pics yesterday, and my wife says. Wow I didn't realize you were that big. Isn't love great. hehe. Keep up the hard work. Mike
Theresa M.
on 9/22/08 2:40 am - Cleveland, TN
Carol
 It's funny my birthday is on the same date. my name is Theresa and my starting weight was 467 and I am down to 229and my goal that I going to get to is 199 and I am going to do this with the Lords help. For me I haven't gained any weight back yet but I only lost 25lb in a year and I know I should have did better, So I am back to working out and eating a high protein diet and I walking a lot and living off sf jello and water
I am going to do what ever it takes for me to get to my goal.. and as far as the food thinking about it all the time I was that way myself and what I do is get out of the house go for a walk  work in your yard find something to do with your hands and call on the Lord I think I pray all day long baby I know where you are coming from I use to live to eat and now I try to eat to live, for us we just have to find something we love more then food. please keep in touch with me I need someone to lean on from time to time and sometimes our love ones don't understand..

Theresa
It's not all about how look on the outside, It's all about the inside, so look deep yourself
Ready4 AChange
on 9/22/08 7:57 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Hi Carol,
I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone ! My lowest was 211 I am now up to 245 and I am getting depressed every time I get on the scale! I stopped logging my food, am not getting in the protein I should and this is where my problem is . I need to be accountable to myself. We went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago and I lost 3 pounds ! I was constantly on the move I ate alot of fruits, melons. I didn't go crazy with the cookies, no ice cream ( ok, I licked the babies cone because it was dripping all over him) but didn't have one myself.  Maybe if we can chat and help ourselves with our "snacking" that may help. Anyone interested. Pick a night and time I'll try to be there.
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

BethH
on 9/27/08 12:21 pm - White House, TN
Hi Carol,

I agree with some of the others. Focus on your protein first, green carbs second, and white carbs last if you are still hungry at the end of the meat.  No fluids while eating.  Use the tools on fitday.com and log everything you eat.  I bet you lose! Remember, eating more protein improves your satisfaction much more than bread and other carbs.  You can do this, just get back to basics.  Best of luck and keep us posted!

Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Just Checking in - May 2018
ShandrewsCA · 0 replies · 577 views
Anyone still out there?
Maddiebug · 2 replies · 674 views
7 years ago today
livelyvc · 0 replies · 883 views
stomach pain
Tessy · 1 replies · 905 views