PUMP ME UP!!!!!!!!!

DrAnne
on 8/18/06 4:30 am - Pikesville, MD
Hi All I'm new to this. I have been reading some really encouraging messages. I need all the support I can get. I'm extremely excited about losing weight...all of you know how painful it is to be obese! Just trying to lose weight before the big day. Anybody else with Dr. Gandsas?
Juliee
on 8/23/06 3:44 pm - Tyler, TX
Hi Georgia I'm ready to pump you up- - just think of how great it is going to feel to be HEALTHY! Unfortunately, I'm not losing, but gaining....are you following a diet plan? I keep wanting to "eat" all the thiings I won't be having anymore. Good Luck to you!
DrAnne
on 8/24/06 4:45 am - Pikesville, MD
Hi Juliee Thanks for responding..I was feeling all alone out there!! I am following a diet given by the nutritionist at the hospital where I'll be having my surgery. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting here kinda hungry now!! She said that I should try to have 'tunnel vision' and focus on making it sucessfully to surgery and not having to have an open proceedure. I'm not sure how much I've lost so foar, but she assured me that if I follow the plan I should be ok by 9'13. I also think alot about what foods I'd like to be eating and may not be able to have again. I just pray that I can change my eating habits enough to lose weight and to keep it off ( we have all lost weight, have'nt we?) I am actually throwing in some exercise also. I figure this is my BIG chance to lose and I really want to make the most of it. Will your surgeon try to do an open rny if you have not lost?
Juliee
on 8/24/06 4:56 am - Tyler, TX
HI Geogria My surgeon has not put us on a "diet" or told us we needed to lose weight. He just said not to have a series of "last suppers" - which I might be doing. Are you doing RNY? My surgeon thinks he can do my surgery laprascopic although there is a slight chance he might have to go open because I've had gallbladder surgery (the old fashioned way) and have a scar across my stomach. So it depends on scar tissue. I am dedicated to giving it my all after surgery - but right now I'm enjoying my last few bites of the foods I love. I dont' think I'm going overboard.
DrAnne
on 8/24/06 5:10 am - Pikesville, MD
Juliee Oh honey.......believe me I understand about getting in a few good bites before the big day.I would like to put in a good effort but I can forsee having a 'last supper' within boudaries, myself before my date. People on this site seem to say that it will easier to control the eating patterns that got us here in the first place. I hope they are right....I sure don't want to lose only to gain again as I have done in the past
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 595 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 762 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1104 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1161 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 722 views