Anyone else having surgery on Sept. 6?

Juliee
on 8/21/06 4:26 pm - Tyler, TX
Hi - this is my first post on OH, although I post a lot on my surgeon's message board. I have been lurking on OH for several weeks. now. I'm scheduled for RNY on Wed. Sept. 6. (just a little over 2 weeks!) I am very excited at the prospect of getting healthy, yet I am VERY NERVOUS! Would love to hear if anyone else has my date.
Debbay
on 8/22/06 3:48 am - Pasadena, MD
Juliee, I do not have your date, but the very next day! Are you getting all ansy and excited too? I'm telling you, I feel like I'm on speed today. And if I start talking, lord help my co-workers because it comes out a million words a minute and none of it's about work! lol If you need someone to talk to, I can listen too, promise! I have more energy just thinking about what it will feel like to not have pain when I excercise! How are you handling it? Debbie
Juliee
on 8/22/06 4:37 am - Tyler, TX
Hi Debbie I'm am very antsy, nervous , scared but oh so EXCITED. It's such a wide range of emotions. BUT the thought of being healthy again and being able to walk to my mailbox without getting out of breath - and being able to bend down and put on my shoes is so exciting! I have been consumed with thinking of nothing of WLS for at least 5 weeks now. (since I've had my surgery date), Thanks for your reply. I'll pray for you. Juliee
Juliee
on 9/11/06 2:43 pm - Tyler, TX
Hey Debbie - Just hoping that everything went well with your surgery. Mine was the day before yours. so far so good!
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/06 5:02 am
Hi Juliee! I am scheduled for 9/6 too. Only 14 days and a wake up! Heather
Juliee
on 8/22/06 5:40 am - Tyler, TX
Hi Heather Thanks for the post. I just read and enjoyed your profile! I wish I was computer savvy enough to figure out to do a profile. What time is your surgery? Mine is at 1:00 CST (I'm in Texas). I have to be there at 11:00. Unfortunately, I am a self-pay. My insurance won't cover it at all. ONe good thing though -I didn't have to jump through all the hoops that so many of the insurance companies make people do. Good luck to you. Let's stay in touch. Juliee
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/06 9:50 pm
I won't get my time for surgery until the day before. I am one of the lucky ones and didn't have to jump through hoops with the insurance company and they are paying 100% of all costs. Good luck with everything!!
shaunda H.
on 8/22/06 5:49 am - TX
:-) I am having surgery on September 5 and I couldn't be more nervous and excited at the same time. Our days are close though.
Juliee
on 8/23/06 10:25 am - Tyler, TX
Isn't it strange how you can be so excited about something, yet be scared to death? Good Luck to you. I see you are a fellow TEXAN!
Rich
on 8/23/06 2:18 pm - Coon Rapids, MN
Hey Julie!!! I'm Sept 6th as well. just started my 2 week liquid diet per surgeon's orders, but I see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!!!!!!! my surgery time is 7:30 am CDT. Let's all keep praying for each other this will be a hoot to start seeing everyones after pictures!!! Rich
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 597 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 762 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1104 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1161 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 722 views