16 weeks out.

niknac0701
on 1/10/07 1:25 am - Rville, MD
Well it's that time again. 16 weeks, almost 4 months after surgery and I'm 56 pounds down. I am also down 4 sizes. I think I'm at a bit of a plateau as I lost 3, gained 3, lost 2 again, but that's okay, I've still lost 56 pounds! Yay! I'm healthy and I feel good. I have recently changed back to pre-natal vitamins because my hair is starting to thin and I hate it. I'm finding hair all over the house and I get very discouraged. I considered my hair my crowing glory! If I had nothing else, I had my beautiful thick hair and now, I'm getting worried, so back to the prenatals. And this weekend I'm going to buy this stuff called Dr. Miracles that some folks on the BAF suggested. Also upped my workout to include strength training. My ass is killing me today. That woman on the Turbo Jam DVDs can work a sister to death! I put a new 16 week pic up. I'm starting to see the difference now. Well just a quick shout out.
ttambo
on 1/10/07 4:35 am - Galveston, TX
I'm really close to where you are - weight wise - I've lost 58 since surgery on Sept 27 and I lost 32 before Sept 27 so, I'm claiming 90 for 2006!!! I've gone from a size 2X/3X or 24/26 to an 18/20!! Bra size is down to a 38 from a 48 but the cup size didn't change......go figure!!! I'm doing the same bouncing thing - 3 up, 4 down, 1 up, 3 down......but overall I'm 58# down!!! Congratulations on your weight loss and progress!!! Terry T in Texas
niknac0701
on 1/10/07 4:46 am - Rville, MD
Congrats to you too. That's awesome progress! Isn't it the BEST!?
Cassie W.
on 1/12/07 9:32 am
Have you found that now that you're four months out, people are really starting to notice your weight loss? I had my surgery Sept. 14 and have lost 65 pounds so far. This week, it seems that the number of comments from friends and casual acquaintances has increased. Maybe it's because I went shopping and bought more tailored outfits that fit? Terry, although your cup size may be the same letter, you've lost a tremendous amount of actual volume going from a 48 to 38 band size. For example, the volume of all of these cups are the same, even though the band sizes are different - 46A 44B 42C 40D 38DD 36DDD Congratulations to you and Nicole!
pianogirl
on 1/13/07 8:55 pm - South Canada, NY
Congratulations, Nicole! It sounds like you're doing great I had my surgery Sept. 13th and I am down 60 since surgery and 16 before that so I am counting 76 lbs...woohoo!!! Of course, I still at times worry that this isn't going to work for me which is silly, I know. I am also losing hair everywhere. Thank goodness I had a lot of it to start with! It's so nice to hear from others with Sept. surgeries who are doing so well. Thanks for posting!! -Christine
Chanchiluv
on 1/17/07 1:31 am - San Lorenzo, CA
You guys are doing great! I had my surgery Sept 20th, and I am down 53 lbs since my surgery. My highest weight before surgery was 332 lbs, so my grand total lost is 107 lbs. (Weighed in at 225 lbs on Monday) Yay! I know exactly where you're coming from with the hair loss! I've been trying to up my protein and take Biotin daily (3000 mg) to help stem the loss, but I'm not sure it's working or not. LOL Thankfully, so far my loss hasn't been any worse than when I had my two c-sections, so I do have hope that it ultimately won't get too bad. On both those occasions I lost for a couple months and then tapered off. Congrats to all who've made it this far. It's been quite a ride so far! Linda
slplum
on 1/18/07 2:20 am - Williamstown, NJ
Thought I was losing really slow...but I guess it is all relative...I am down 55 lbs as of today, my surgery was 9/13. congrats to you!!..weight training will slow the actual scale loss down some...but it will be turning it into muscle which is a good thing!!...I hope to be able to start some weight trianing soon, I have had problems with my shoulder since surgery (hurting) surgeon kept telling me they probably had it on the table in a strange way...well saw my primary doc yesteray and he thinks I need some physical therapy for it....says is sounds like severe tendenitis (sp) around my router cuff?? and it is unstable. Best of luck to all. Sandy
JessicaMarie
on 2/15/07 10:40 am - Milwaukee, WI
Congrats Ladies! I am 5 months as of Feb 13th-I had my surgery Sept. 13th and am down a total of 79lbs. I have to tell you seeing you talk about going down a couple, up a couple puts me at so much ease! I am a worry wart and although I have done fantastic "overall" for 5 months, the 5th month I lost not a pound! It went down, then up, then down, etc... I FREAKED out because I never expected to just not loose even a lbs this early in the game! I thought for sure it's failed and I am done! I am a little under half way to my goal and going nuts because I feel like something's gone wrong! Thank goodness for these forums, I also decided to take my concerns to the doc next week!
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 597 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 762 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1104 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1161 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 722 views