Fish Recipes

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/24/07 7:54 am - Tucson, AZ
Anyone have any good recipes for fish? I have a hard time trying to keep it moist enough.....
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 9:27 pm - FL
I marinated mahi-mahi in olive oil and bay seasonings and the grilled it. It was so good! Also, I read if you poach fish in marinara sauce that it will always be soft and tender and it is impossible to overcook it. I tried poaching in white wine and lemon juice and it was rubbery. Not good--ick! I seem to have lost all of my fish cooking skills that I once had. Also, try salmon. It is a very forgiving fish if you tend to overcook it.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/6/07 5:03 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks for responding. I will give the marinara sauce a try. What is bay seasoning???? I thought about trying salsa too.
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/07 7:34 am - FL
It's called Old Bay. It's a seasoning for seafood. It should be in the spice section. I don't know if you like shrimp but I marinated some in a SF hazelnut syrup once that was really unusually good. Let me know if you come across any good recipes. I'm always up for something new.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/6/07 7:45 am - Tucson, AZ
I love shrimp. I was thinking about orange marmalade too.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/10/07 9:51 am - Tucson, AZ
1 lb. frozen fish fillets, such as haddock, hailbut or cod 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing 1 cup sliced mushrooms 1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley PREHEAT oven to 450°F. Place frozen fish in 13x9-inch baking dish; drizzle with dressing. BAKE 25 min. Top with mushrooms and cheese. Bake 5 min. or until cheese melts and fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with parsley.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/10/07 9:54 am - Tucson, AZ
Nutrition (per serving) Calories 150 Total fat 4g Saturated fat 2g Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 300mg Carbohydrate 2g Dietary fiber 0g Sugars 1g Protein 26g Vitamin A 4%DV Vitamin C 2%DV Calcium 15%DV Iron 8%DV
Lea M.
on 2/10/07 10:48 am - merced, CA
broiled Tilapia 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons butter, softened 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1/8 teaspoon dried basil 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/8 teaspoon onion powder 1/8 teaspoon celery salt 1 pound tilapia fillets Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/10/07 11:19 am - Tucson, AZ
Sounds yummy and I love Tilapia
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 597 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 762 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1104 views
Cold Hands and Feet