pain in my stomach

katurner
on 10/11/07 11:26 pm - Jackson, TN
I read all of your messages all the time but this is my first post. I am having a problem and need some advise. I had my surgery Sept. 2006 and have been doing o.****il now. My Stomach is hurting like it is cramping up (the pain is up high just under my ribcage) and has been for five days now. Sometimes when I eat it helps but most of the time I am in pain. Has anyone had this problem? I am not having any other symptoms. Thanks in advance for any help.
niknac0701
on 10/17/07 1:01 am - Rville, MD
Hi Kim. Have them check your gall bladder. I'm not sure what that feels like, but I know that is a common problem (gallstones) after surgery. Hope you feel better soon.
Carol *
on 10/26/07 2:31 am
Hi Kim, I am having the same exact problem. I went to the doctor on Monday, 10/22 and he said I have acid in my stomach. I told him that I don't have heartburn, just a pain under my ribcage in the middle of my stomach. He gave me prevacid and sending me to get an ultrasound. I asked him if it could be my gall badder and he said that usually the abdomen pain is on the right side. My ultrasound appointment is tomorrow morning. I'll let you know the results. It's very painful. It hurts worse when I eat!
stephanie29
on 10/28/07 8:34 am - mount union, PA
it could be possably the gall bladder or the acid... for me i had my gall bladder out in may the pain for me started just under my right boob and spread around to the left side and the whole way around my back... but at times i would also just get a pain in the middle right under the rib area... also i notice now that if i am short on my fluids i get bad pains in the mid section under the ribs too and they r almost as painful as the gall bladder attacks.. for me when i start paining i take a few swigs of water and after a few min it usually goes away but if it dont i pop a prevacid and that does the trick
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/07 11:47 pm - Boca Raton, FL
Sounds exactly like a Peterson's Defect (Hernia). PLEASE call your surgeon ASAP....they can be dangerous. I had one and your pain sounds exactly like what I had. Best of luck, Karen
Ellebelle
on 12/24/07 5:09 am - Wilmar, MN
I have this too. I couldn't eat or drink for almost 4 months. I lost almost 10 pounds a week when I am suppose to be maintaining. It was and still is very scarey. They ended up taking my gall bladder out as it was not working. They said that it was also full of stones and for some reason they couldn't see the stones on all the tests. I still have stomach cramps (feels like flu cramps) and they can't seem to figure it outl I have been taking prilosec and it has helped but it is only suppose to be taken for two weeks every 4 months. I hope you feel better soon and if they figure out what the heck is the matter with me I'll let you know because maybe it's the same thing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 590 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 760 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1102 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1158 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 720 views