So when does it stop

Renee K.
on 11/13/07 1:00 am - Valatie, NY
I'm wondering how you all are doing? I'm starting to worry that I'm losing too much. I'm 5'9", I now weight 167, which is just within the 'normal range', but I can see bones all over the place, spine, neck, ribs, etc... I think I have a large frame so to me I shouldn't lose any more. I'm somewhere between a size 8-12 depending on manufacturer and just can't believe I'm still losing. I thought I was done, the last 3-4 months I was ranging 169-171lbs which again, I am fine with. I've noticed lately I'm having a harder time digesting dinner, thats usually when I have a more significant portion of protien, but digestion of the meal sounds like my stomach is having a fist fight for an hour, and it can be painful. I do fine during the day with a salad and some grilled chicken on it normally for lunch, protien shake for breakfast and fruit, cheese and pretzel snacks throught the day. I'm very careful about drinking 70oz of water or better every day and getting my vitamins. I really thought by now i would stop, but I just started losing again and lost a size or 2 in the past week. I never thought I'd get this small and am worried about getting to small. I meet with my surgeon next week to talk about it, but what are you all experiencing at this point? I look forward to hearing from you all! Renee
Ellebelle
on 12/24/07 5:12 am - Wilmar, MN
What did your surgeon say? I am having the same losing battle you are. I am almost to the point of being under weight and my nutritionist is mad at me and wants me to maintain. Easier said then done.
br5eag
on 12/28/07 1:08 am
I am having the same problem, i am 5'5' and 130 lbs. I am a size 6. This sounds like a good weight but my bones are out all over. i too have a large frame. People are starting to say things that are not compliments, if you know waht i mean !!
tiffanydac
on 9/14/08 12:06 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I'm having the same problem as well..... I am 5'6" and weigh 124. I wear a size 4 - and people always tell me "you're too thin... you're soooo skinny."  I'm so tired of worrying about my weight... too big... too small.... never thought I'd say that. 

I've been telling myself - and everyone who brings it up .... that "There's going to be a point where I start to gain - so, in the end, I'll even out." ......... I used to believe that ... but, now I wonder.  My doctor had said this to me at my 6mo post op visit.  I'm still waiting...........

A friend of my sisters had given a bag of clothes to me which no longer fit her.   I'm sure you can all relate to the cost of constantly buying new clothes - and how excited I was to get clothes that fit for free!  I was digging through the bag yesterday, and I came across a really cute pair of jeans.  I held them up and looked at the size.....  I yelled out "3/4 YES! They'll definately fit."  My mom (who is a WLS pioneer... she had her operation in the early 80s) and my sister were in the room.... they both started laughing.... who would ever expect ME to be this small. 

After having a talk about how small I am - my mom assured me that I wont feel the same way in a few years.... I'm bound to start gaining...... So, I'm holding my head up... and not parting with my size 6/7's just yet!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 590 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 760 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1102 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1158 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 720 views