Recovering from Hernia Repair and Tummy Tuck

USMCBrat76
on 12/30/07 3:15 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 09/13/06 with
Has anyone else had issues with a hernia? It hurt so bad, I am greatful to have that pain gone, only to deal with recovering from a tummy tuck. I had been staying at 142-145 range for month only to lose more with the pain of the hernia (if I ate it would put pressure on it and cause more pain!) My surgeon removed over 2 pounds of skin during the procedure (kind of gross). I'm slowly on the mend, today is only day 4 since I had it done. I'm still very swollen and can't wait for all of that to go away! Has anyone else thought of or had a tummy tuck yet? Please let me know it will look better after it has all healed! LOL! Kind of freaking me out at the moment! I go on Thursday to have the drains taken out! I so can't wait to feel more human! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Have a Great New Year!
amber_h
on 1/8/08 8:25 am - Lincoln, IL
You are doing great then! I had the same 2 surgeries on October 3rd. I still have pain from them. Then tummy tuck is the worst!!! Yes, I have a flat stomach now and I am VERY grateful for that, but I would not go through this experience again. I had an infection after the surgeries. I had a spot that had to be opened up and packed with gauze...yikes! Good luck with this...if you have any ???'s just ask me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 589 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 760 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1101 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1158 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 719 views