Exercise or surgery to loose excess?

Lavon
on 6/28/08 12:28 am - Turlock, CA
My legs, hips are all mushy. I have lost 105lbs since my wls 8/2006. I have been maintaining my weight and maybe would like to loose 5 -10 more. My spouse thinks I can firm up and not need surgery. I think I could some but not enough to get the excess mushyness gone. I have exercised since 9/06 present. Not really hard excercise. I was thinking of having a personal trainer before I consider any surgery to firm up. Anyone out there tried the excercise route and did it help much?
niknac0701
on 6/30/08 10:49 pm - Rville, MD
I have exercised and exercised. I notice that if I stop working out for a week or two, I look heavier, even if I haven't put on any pounds. Exercise definitely helps. That said, I don't believe anything but plastic surgery will take the loose skin away. I work out! I do kickboxing with 5 pound hand gloves and I feel the muscle, BUT I have more loose skin on my arms than my grandmother and it won't go anywhere without surgery. But I'm TOO SCARED of the pain. So to answer your question, I think excercise definitely helps, but surgery would probably give you the look you want, I bet. I'm not an advocate for surgery, cause like I said, I'm not doing it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 589 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 760 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1101 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1158 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 719 views