pre-op diet protein to the rescue

jly123456
on 9/8/09 10:17 am - Arlington, TX
I'm on 3 weeks of 2 low carb shakes (atkins or slimfast) plus one small meal (like 300kcal or less lean cuisine). 

It has been rough!  I stopped today and bought some Isopure pre-mixed zero carb 40g protein drinks that taste like kool-aid and I'm feeling better.  I hope it lasts but usually be this time of evening I'm sad or shaky and this seems to help. 

These were on the list my nut said I should use after surgery but seems to be helpful now! 
Carolinagirl5298
on 9/9/09 2:41 am
I am on day 12 of liquids...surgery is this Friday and I wouldn't have made it without Isopure.  The powder stuff is just not for me!  The apple one is my favorite so far!  I will have 2 more weeks of liquids after Friday....good thing I just went ahead and bought it by the case.
Nikki C.
on 9/9/09 6:27 am - Gaithersburg, MD
I've found some great already made shakes that I like.  I couldn't event get the isopure down :(  I couldn't get past the taste even on ice.  Which I could because I'm tired of shakes but if you are looking for shake options, let me know.  I have tried TONS! 

Brandi M.
on 9/9/09 6:53 am - Baltimore, MD
 Can you give me so of your shake ideas? I am having a hard time getting shakes down. So far I can handle the Deisgner Whey chocolate, but I'm already getting sick of it and need ideas.
Annette M.
on 9/10/09 10:10 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Try the Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Naval mixed into orange flavored crytal light.  It's like drinking a cross between orange tang and a fresh peach.  It's very light so it doesn't sit heavy even if you drink it later at night.  Only 90 cal, 23 g protein and no carb.

Also the chcolate shake sold in Walmart by Body Fortress is good mixed with 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup water, 3 sweetners,  and 5 ice cubes.  It's a great price at $14 and change. 

You can get some sugar free torani syrups to add to the chocolate shake; hazelnut and almond is really good.  Put vanilla syrup in the fuzzy naval and it gets closer to the organge julius taste.

Good luck.  My surgery is the 29th. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 941 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1238 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1793 views