Calling all post-op patients

pslagle
on 9/9/09 10:28 am
So those of you post-op, do you have any advise for those of us who are still waiting patiently for our seat on the losers bench. Anything go better than expected or worse than you thought with surgery? Anything you wish you would have taken to the hospital, or something you took but didn't use? Any advice would be appreciated; and please include how many days post-op you are along with how your feeling. Goodluck!!!

rn2008
on 9/19/09 7:38 am - Conway, NH
Hi

I am 3 days post op, had lap RNY...........one thing I was not prepared for is the pain. The gas pain, incisional pain. I thought I was prepared for everything but honestly did not even think about the pain. Which is kind of funny as I am a nurse on a med surg unit taking care of post ops all the time. I stayed in the hospital two nights because we could not get my pain under control. Now that I am fianally passing gas it is getting a little better, and I am sure I will make it through. I just didn't prepare myself as well as I thought. Anyway good luck.

peggy1011
on 9/20/09 3:47 am - Whitesboro, NY
Revision on 09/08/09 with
i had a revision from lapband to RNY on 9/8.  I was shocked at how well i felt, and how quickly i'm recovering.  The lapband surgery was much harder.   This time around, i only required pain meds twice, and really the only reason I requested it was to have something help me relax to sleep.  I really had no pain, just tenderness!  And thank God, NO gas pains.  My surgery was at 3pm, and by 9 i was up walking in the halls.  Thats my best advise...get up and walk, walk, walk.  Follow all your dr's instructions to the tee once you get home.  You WILL be tempted as you cook for your family or smell food cooking, but you musn't deviate from the plan.    I'm now 12 days postop, feeling great, and starting pureed foods.  
Wishing you the best for a speedy and safe recovery!   :)

Peggy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 941 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1237 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1793 views