I have gained 80 pounds-- the surgery did not fail and I am not a failure

Molly S.
on 3/3/10 8:27 am - Chicago, IL
I had Gastric Bypass surgery October 2004. I will be 45 yrs. old in March. I am an evangelizer of the good news and a credit analyst.  I have been morbidly obese all my life. I have a lifetime of mental and physical scars from obesity. Before and after surgery I tried Weigh****chers, other methods of losing weight.  Every thing! 

I have gained back 80 of almost 300 pounds lost initially. I joined Barbara Thompson's back on track program so I can get back on track.  I never reached my goal of 200 pounds. I am considering a revision but I am not getting my hopes up on that front since revisions are hard to get approved.  My program leader already checked with my insurance and they is an exclusion in my insurance that will not approve lap band over pouch.  

I weigh 382 today and  My lowest weight after surgery was 302, and then I went up to 311, next year 321, last year 338 and this year Jan 2010 372 and to date 382.

I use to exercise on average 5 to 6 times a 45 to 75 min each session and weights at health club and at home with Leslie Sasone DVD's. I was very active and one reason for my gains over time I am less committed to my workouts. So far in January I am exercising 3 to 4 times a week 30 to 45 min sessions with walking away the pounds DVDS. I am ashamed to go back to health club since I have gained 50 pounds since the last time I was there--which was February 2009.

2009 my knee gave out and did not exercise for 2 months last year and I have not been able to get back on track since.  I am a failure I just need a readjustment and not sure how to get mind back in focus with my goals.

My biggest down fall is my addiction to and love of food. Surgery can not fix this so I have to fix my head with this problem. My plan is to start attending support groups each month and doing on-line back on track program with Barbara Thompson.  If any one has any more suggestion please HELP.  Thanks in advance for all replies.
judy_
on 5/1/10 11:39 am
WE have a lot in common.  I also had my surgery in 2004 and now have to lose between 70 to 80 pounds to get back to my 1 year out weight.  I just did the 5 day pouch test and also signed up for the back on track program with  Barbara Thompson.  I  wouldn't be in this mess if I had dealt with my head the first time.  Hope we can be friends and give each other lots of support and encouragement.

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1094 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 689 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 810 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 576 views