Happy Wednesday - what is on the menu

Ann Shaffer
on 1/31/07 7:28 am - Caledonia, NY
Hello, I was just lurking (which I do a lot of) and noticed that there haven't been any posts here lately and realized that I am equally responsible because I am a lurker. I had hit a plateau and was going nuts. I was using the same post op diet I had been from day 1 of real food a protein shake for breakfast, just protein for lunch and dinner with yogurt, applesauce and flax seed for a snack. I then decided to throw in the towel and just eat like I thought was "regular" and didn't that do the trick. Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 small can of V8 snack: (ooopppppsssss) a piece of fudge lunch: the inside of a chicken gyro sub (grilled chicken & feta) snack: maybe ok yes it was another darn bit of fudge supper: probably 3 oz of oven baked and seasoned chicken snack: (no not more fudge) 6 oz of vanilla yogurt with 1-2 oz of applesauce (unsweetened) and flax seed. How about you? thanks for reading and if you choose to respond thanks for that to. It gives me many ideas of what to try next. Ann
MRB
on 2/1/07 1:32 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Ann, the board is very slow.. I am a lurker also. I guess since most people are at goal they do not come here any more. Myself I am not at goal. I would still like to drop 30 more pounds.... I seem to drop 4-5 pounds and them gain 2-3 back... I have to get my butt back to the gym.... I have added more protein to my diet hoping that will help..... If anyone has an ideas how to drop the last few pounds tell me, tell me.... Hope everyone has a great day.... Misty
vickie R.
on 2/1/07 2:25 am - danville, KY
Hi Ann just let me say that i do 6 mini meals and 2 protein shakes a day. I have found the more protein and good carbs i lose. Well i am 108lbs now and i have to gain 15lbs or so because im a dangerous weight for my health. So i have been told to break all the rules. I even drink with my meals and i do graze...but i graze on nuts,raisens,and jerky. But i was informed by my nut that if we wanna lose go back to the basics and if we wanna gain reverse all the rules. But let me give you what i eat a day...i have 3000 cal a day and 160 carbs a day........... break- 7 am -protein drink in coffee...........250 cals 28gram protein 9 am- 1 cup of special k---200cal and 10 grams protein 11-yogurt and nuts- 180 cal -6grams protein 1pm-1 cup of chili- and pimento cheese on top-300cals 12 grms protein 3pm-4 peanut butter crackers-120 cal 3 grams protein 5:30- 1 cup salad,3 oz chicken 350 cal 15 grams protein 7pm-breyers ice cream bar 170 cal 9pm protein shake........200 cal 24 grams protein and i drink water all day plus i drink diet ocean spray and alot of tea. But i can say there are days that i eat more.....sometimes i feel like i am eating my life away lol. But i have to eat to be healthy, thats what got me obese,i would eat 2 times a day and i would eat all the wrong things,so now i am like VICKIE DO YOU NEED THIS OR IS SOMETHING THAT IS GONNA BENEFIT YOU??? And i will say that i do eat chips maybe once a week and i do eat hershey kisses3 times a week and i just use them as a treat. But i am being honest ok,i do have up and downs with food and i always will......but you take care and just do he basics ok.....................vickie
Jane C.
on 2/1/07 11:06 am - Florence, KY
Hi Ann the board is really slow. I on the other hand have gained about 8 lbs. I am a little bit dazed by the weight gain. Why??? I haven't changed that much. I feel like the old habbits are creeping back, I find myself grazing and not eating right. Tonight I bought a container of protein and thought I would go back to the basics. I started at 311. I got down to 148 then I stayed at 152 for 3 months but this morning I was at 160. Its scarey. I am going to start weighing everyday so this doesn't happen again. I will drop this weight I know I will but it just proves when we let our guard down the weight does come back. Oh well just thought I would share. Take care Jane
Ann Shaffer
on 2/1/07 11:11 am - Caledonia, NY
Vicky and Misty thanks for responding. Misty - It is nice to know that I am not alone in the need to looe more to get to goal! Thank you for sharing that with me. Vicky - It must be difficult for you, I mean to focus on loosing weight for a long time then taake a major step to surery to help loose it and now to have to turn it around to need to gain. Psycologically it must be tough. Hang in there and thanks for the advise. Ann
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/07 12:59 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I'm still 50-60 pounds from goal; I started at 396 and was 220 this morning. It's a lot harder to lose now, plus I'm able to eat a lot more and not be uncomfortable. So I think now is the real challenge for me. I had allowed my average daily calorie intake to creep up to 2,000-2,500 calories. I was exercising 3-4 times per week (40 minutes elliptical each time, plus some weights). At that level, I maintained at between 225-230 for 3 months. If I was content to stay at that weight, I could probably maintain there, but I'd really like to get down to 160-170. So I've cut back my daily calorie intake to 1,700-1,900 and I'm exercising 4-5 times per week. That does create a calorie deficit for me, but I'm still only losing 1-2 pounds per week. At this rate, it will take me as long to lose the last 50-60 pounds as it did to lose the first 176. But I keep reminding myself that that's okay; I'm in this for the long haul. In terms of what I'm eating, here's a typical day for me: Breakfast: venti latte w/ SF syrup - 200 calories, 20 g. protein Snack: 1 cup cottage cheese, 4 tbsp. SF jam - 220 calories, 22 g. protein Lunch: lean cuisine frozen meal - 250 calories, 18-20 g. protein Snack: whole grain bread, 3 oz. turkey, 1 slice cheese - 240 calories, 23 g. protein Snack: 8 oz. low-sugar yogurt w/ 1 tbsp flax meal, 1 banana - 240 calories, 8 g. protein Dinner: lean cuisine frozen meal or chicken/fish w/ veggie & salad - 300-350 calories, 30-40 g. protain Snack: 1-2 SF fudgsicles, or 1 Breyers CarbSmart fudge bar - 100 calories, 2 g. protein Kellie
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1065 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views