2 year check in - how are we all doing???

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/07 6:17 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I'm hoping that some of the October 2005 folks will stop by to check in around their anniversaries. I thought I'd start a post about my journey, and I hope others will chime in. First, the numbers - Beginning weight: 396 Surgery weight: 386 Weight as of 10/3/2007: 199.5 Biggest blessing: The significant improvements to my health. I no longer take any prescriptions maintenance medications! My blood pressure is normal, my resting pulse is around 50, my total cholesterol is 107, and my good cholesterol is 52. Biggest WOW moment(s): Seeing people that have not seen me since my surgery, and watching their reaction when they realize who I am. Biggest changes in my life: Two things. First, I am exercise junkie - never thought that would happen. Second, I work really hard not to use food in inappropriate ways (bored, stress relief, emotional reaction, etc.). That's been a huge change for me, and one that I'll have to consciously work on for a long time to come. Things I still want/need to do: Plastics to get rid of excess skin. I'm pretty saggy all around, and I look forward to starting the plastics portion of my journey in early 2008 (hopefully). Work on figuring out how to maintain; I'm bound and determined NOT to have usual 10-20% regain!!!! How about you???? Kellie Lap RNY 10/25/2005
Jane C.
on 10/4/07 8:07 am - Florence, KY
Hey Kellie great idea Heaviest weight 311 Weight of surgery 296 Today 161 Biggest Wow my daughters hugged me and their hands touch and my husband picked me up. Biggest thing to change is my entire life. I am no longer invisiable. Biggest worry is that I will wake up and this have been a dream. I would like to ride a horse is all that is left on my list of things to do and I plan on doing that at the end of the month. No longer take any medications like I use to. I still battle Migrains, but that has been since I was 18. Life is wonderful. Today is my wedding Anniversary. 10 years. We did not go on a honeymoon but we are going away for 1 night. Jane Lap RNY 10/17/05
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/07 10:32 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Congrats to you, Jane! It sounds like life has really changed for you; what a blessing. And I have great news - it's not a dream; this is you, living your life, and enjoying every minute of it! Have a great time horseback riding at the end of the month. I've always wanted to learn to ride, and have been thinking about taking lessons! That never would have been possible without WLS! Good luck on your continuing journey - may you continue to be blessed Kellie
dfpoland
on 10/4/07 12:58 pm - MIDWEST CITY, OK
Well I am doing GREAT! My life has changed so much it is unreal. People look at me and think I am considering surgury, But hey Im still a big girl. Start 392 now 235 Highlights: Off all meds No longer need an electric wheel chair to get around walmart. I have walked 2 half Marathons (13.1 miles) I can do anything. from spending all day at the fair to dancing the night away. Yes I still need to lose 50 or so pounds but hey I would not change it for anything. Have a Happy New Birthday, Deb
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/07 10:36 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Hi, Deb! I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Isn't it great to have regained so much mobility! I love being able to do what I want, without having to think about whether I'm physically able to do it! As far as still needing to lose, that's just the way it goes for us heavyweights. Even if you never lose another ounce, you've still made significant improvements to your health and your quality of life, and that's what counts! I can tell you that it is still possible to lose even 2 years out; I'm still losing about 2-3 pounds per month, but it's very hard at this point. My body is just tired of losing and is really seeking a set point. But I keep tinkering around and when I do everything right, I can still lose. Good luck on your continuing journey! Enjoying those long walks, and dancing the night away Kellie
vickie R.
on 10/5/07 12:13 am - danville, KY
Hi Kellie you have done awesome. I'm like you i dont wanna gain much back.I have found out how to maintain my weight after a yr lol. And i think everyone would agree on having plastics. I need a little but i can live with one roll lol..............take care. Vickie
(deactivated member)
on 10/5/07 2:15 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Hi, Vickie! It sounds like you are doing well - hope that is the case. I actually need/want lots of plastics; I have serious extra skin on my stomach, thighs, and arms. Plus my girls look like they belong on a 80 year old, not a 40 year old! And recently my booty has started to sag. Just when I thought I couldn't get any saggier!!! But my health is great, and that's what is TRULY important Best of luck for continued success and maintenance - Kellie
gennylyn
on 10/9/07 12:32 am - Jonesboro, AR
Hi alll, I really miss having this spot for support like we all did in the begining. Here goes... Start weight - 361 weight today 175 I had a anchor TT and BL 8 weeks ago and they removed 10 pounds of skin. Ofcourse the rest of the body needs work but I am happy where I am . I have lost down to 170 and back up to 175 after plastics. I am still waiting for that 10 pounds to show on the scale but if it doesn't so what. I am healthy. I can look at food as somthing I need to do and not somthing i have to do constantly to feel good. I love the new life of just being normal. I will never be the skinny one but I can blend into a crowd and that feels good. I hope all are having a great year and I can't wiat to hear the rest of your stories. Jennifer I also have to update that picture since that one was about 75 pounds ago :0
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/07 7:21 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Wow - isn't it amazing how much our lives can change in two years??? Congrats on your recent plastics - I'm beginning to think about getting rid of some of my excess skins; that'll be a blessing when it happens. I hope your recovery continues to go well, and I look forward to seeing an updated picture when you have time! Kellie
lazeydazey
on 10/16/07 12:48 pm - Sharon, MA
Hi Kellie, I've been doing ok. I've gained like 11 lbs since my last visit with my surgeon back in July. I hate it. I'm trying to get back on track a bit so I can lose more. I have my 25th high school reunion coming up and want to go looking good although I weigh now what I weighed back then give or take 5 lbs. I started at 323 and am about 191 that is after I gained 11lbs. Yuck. I need to go back to the gym more and become as you said an exercise junkie. I think I will be ok. I just need to take it 1 day at a time. I'm still taking my meds like before but in a lowerr dose, so that must be a good thing. At my physical on 9/12/07. My cholesterol was 140 and the good cholesterol was great and the bad was even good. I mean there is no bad cholesterol from the findings from my blood test. My blood pressure was normal. So i'm happy from that perspective. I haven't gone to any support group meetings as the times are somewhat inconvenient for me, but I may decide to go to one. Continued good luck. Lisa J. in Mass
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1065 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views