Happy 2nd Birthday Ocotberites

lazeydazey
on 10/9/07 11:00 pm - Sharon, MA
Happy 2nd birthday all, How is everyone doing? I'm doing ok. I should be doing better. I've gained 11lbs since I saw my surgeon in July and I'm scared that I may gain more back. I've been in a eating funk lately, eating things I shouldn't be and the paying for it the next day. I guess i'll try and do better. I'm still not where I want to be weight wise. I still have a lot of fat around my belly and can't seem to get rid of it. I guess I need to go to the gym more. I'm still not eating enough protein and am still losing hair. On a good note, I started a part-time job selling AVON products to help with some bills. So between working at a full-time job and AVON. I'm beat. Hope you all have great birthdays. Lisa J. in MaSS
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/07 10:32 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Hi, Lisa J.! I think a lot of us are now facing issues about being able to eat more, weight regain, and making poor food choices. Those are the long-term things that we'll have to address if we want to keep off the weight and stay healthy. I have good days and bad days, but thankfully more good than bad. And the bad days are usually associated with premenstrual munching. Regarding the belly fat, I still have some too, but I think it looks worse than it actually is because of all the excess skin around my abdomen. Not sure if the same is true for you, but for me the situation can only be corrected through plastic surgery. I'm still losing 2-3 pounds per month, so want to get to a stable weight and maintain for a while before having plastics. Time at the gym could help tighten your abdominal muscles, but if you have the excess skin around your middle, plastics are really the only true solution. That or foundation garments to suck it all in! Regarding the protein and the hair loss, you know what you need to do! Do you have a hard time eating protein? Have you considered the ongoing use of liquid protein supplements to get your numbers up? You really need to address this issue, otherwise you may develop other health problems down the road. Regarding the hair loss, do you take zinc and biotin? Both are supposed to be good for the health of your hair and nails. Not a quick fix, but could be a good long-term solution. Best of luck on your continuing journey - what a difference 2 years can make! Kellie
lazeydazey
on 10/11/07 10:53 am - Sharon, MA
Hi Kellie, Thanks for replying. My nutritionist told me not to take zinc and biotin as it is in my vitamins which some days I foget to take. Not sure if I would do plastic surgery around my belly. It looks as big as before I had the surgery. I may just have to go to the gym more. I may have to do the liquid protein as I'm trying to do a protein bar somedays but again my nutritionist would rather have me get the protein by eating real food, if not then a bar would be ok but it has to have about 1/2 of 1. I may try liquid proteins that can be bought at GNC or someplace like that. Thanks for the support, Lisa J. in Mass
gail1957
on 10/16/07 3:04 am - Frankfort, KY
Good to hear from you Lisa. I have never quite reached goal yet either. It just seems my body doesn't want to lose anymore. I am just trying to maintain, you know how you go up and down those 4 to 5 pounds but wouldn't change it for the world. Take care.
lazeydazey
on 10/16/07 12:07 pm - Sharon, MA
Violet, Thanks for the response. I may just go back to the beginning and do some protein drinks to jump start and get me back on track. I don't like gaining the few lbs back I wouldn't change anything either about having the surgery. Again, thanks Lisa J. in Mass
vickie R.
on 10/16/07 7:46 am - danville, KY
Hi Lisa............glad to see all is going well..i was gonna say that this surgery was not a cure but as we find out a tool. I am doing great. I was down to 108lbs which was so scary but now 3 mo seeing a gastro doc im at 130lbs which is a great weight for me. Just go back to the basics and you will be fine. Take care. vickie
lazeydazey
on 10/16/07 12:03 pm - Sharon, MA
Vickie, 1st of all you look awesome. Thanks for the good advise. I may go back and try and do some protein shakes like I did at the beginning almost 2 yrs ago. This may help jump start me to get more motivated again. Continued success. thanks again, Lisa J. In Mass
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1065 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views