re: Gained 11lbs

lazeydazey
on 1/12/08 10:01 pm - Sharon, MA
HI All, I'm so sad. I see my surgeon on 1/17/08 and I've gained 11lbs since my last visit. I sometimes feel like I am a failure. I've gone back to the gym and or Curves but I don't feel like i'm accomplishing things. I may go back to the diet I had to follow after having the surgery. I have 4 days to lose the 11 lbs. Other than that, hope 2008 is going well for all of you. Lisa J. in Mass
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/08 9:43 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Lisa, don't worry about losing the 11 pounds in 4 days just for your surgeon. Focus on making small changes to your day-to-day habits that you can maintain long-term. Critically reevaluate what you're eating, if you're grazing, drinking with meals, etc., then work on dropping any bad habits that you've allowed to creep back in. Stick with your new exercise routine - again, think long-term. The exercise will help burn calories and improve your skeletal muscle, which in turn should bump up your metabolism a bit. I think a lot of us begin to experience some regain after a couple years, but by being mindful about your day-to-day habits and remaining committed to staying healthy, you can drop the weight you've gained and maintain at a weight that's comfortable for you. Good luck on your continuing journey - Kellie
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1066 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views