Additional Health Problems

56redtrees
on 2/15/08 7:52 am - alexandria, VA
I have had to undergo an additional 11 surgeries - (some unrelated to my bariatric surgery in October 2005). After the surgeries, I have had problems healing and on a couple of occasions have contracted serious infections which I end up being hospitalized for several weeks or even a month or longer. Surgeons have advised my immune system has been compromised by the bariatric surgery... I have been told by doctors that my system now only absorbs 10-14% of intake... (meds., i.e. antibotics) Anyone with similiar problems?
vampfan
on 3/19/08 8:05 am - APO AE, Germany
Hi, I have to have another 2 surgeries, only 1 is related to my RNY. The opening from my stomach to my small intestine got stretched, so now I am scheduled May 5th to have a ring placed in there so I can continue the weight loss I still need to lose. When the anastomosis got stretched it caused me to get hungry sooner and I was able to eat more, so I lost 90 pounds and my goal was 140 pounds. I am excited and nervous about this surgery because I have NO clue what to expect. All I do know is the surgeon says he has to preform this surgery 3x a month, so it is not just me, phew! As far as my absorption is concerned, I have NO idea how much medications I absorb. I do know that regular tylenol does not even help me w/headaches, I need something a lil stronger. All my vitamins are ok, I guess because I just had labworks drawn and all my levels were perfect. My second surgery will probably be in July, I am not sure, I am hopefully getting my fallopian tubes repaired because I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies. I do not want to have to get invitro because alot of insurances will not pay for that. I wish you ALL the best. Blessings Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1066 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views