Strange outcome after surgery

Sheryl Tilley
on 6/13/08 1:42 pm - Prescott, AZ
My surgery was Oct 2005 -- I still can't eat beef, ham or chicken. No eggs. My protein still comes from protein drinks or a bit of tuna once a week. I woke up from surgery and can hardly LOOK at red meat without throwing up. In the grocery store, I put my hand at the side of my face to walk down certain aisles so I don't have to look at the stuff. I was a big meat eater before the surgery. No more. It all looks like maimed animals to me. What happened??????? Sheryl Tilley 330/150/150
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/08 10:40 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
That is definitely a strange outcome. I have no food aversions, either now or before surgery, so don't have any suggestions about what might have caused your aversion. Are you able to get in enough protein from the protein drinks and tuna? Do you have the same reaction to fish and shellfish? Have you done any research about how vegetarians get sufficient protein after WLS? Since you are so limited in terms of animal-based proteins, that information might give you some additional options to help meet your daily protein needs. My condolences on having this reaction to most animal-based proteins. I was a happy omnivore before surgery and still am - Good luck on your continuing journey - Kellie
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1065 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views