re: gaining wt

lazeydazey
on 8/4/08 10:39 am - Sharon, MA
Hi all, I am making a promise to myself that I will try to post something every copule of day or at least once a week. I have been so bad. I saw my doctor on 7/17/08 and i'm up almost 30lbs. I told him that I was in a train accident on 3/25/08 and haven't been able to go to the gym and I just found out that as a result of the accident I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back. He wasn't too worried, and said I should get back on track. I have been doing ok with my eating, trying to walk at lunch when I can, since I leave 1/2 hr early for physical therapy, I only take 1/2 hr lunch and can't do alot of walking in 1/2 hr but I try, and when I take my full hr I do walk. I may go to the gym that I belong to and maybe go swimming. When I see my neurourgeon on 8/28/08, I will know what my limitations are. Not much more to tell. I hope everyone is well. I PROMISE I will be back on during the week. hugs to all, Lisa J. in Mass
Jane C.
on 8/6/08 4:34 am - Florence, KY
Good luck Lisa, I know you can get back on track. This has been the hardest part of surgery. I don't know what I was thinking, but I had it in my mind I would have learned how to eat and not be on a diet the rest of my life. I am wrong. I set my alarm on my cell to remind me of when I need to eat and I have been sticking to it. That tells me, its not time to snack. Makes me more aware. I tried to journial but no luck. I have gained a little weight, but I stopped exercising and that caused a huge change in my body and I am 2 sizes bigger than my lowest weight. Hope you will recover completely. Bake problems seem to stay with you for a long time. Be strong Jane
lazeydazey
on 8/7/08 11:21 am - Sharon, MA
Jane, Thanks for the advise with the cell phone. I may try that and see if it works. I have to eat 6 times a day. I have to do breakfast, a mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, supper and I have a glass of soy milk or a cup of tea before bed. This is what my nutritionist suggets I do. I eat breakfast between 5:30-5:45 and then I wouldn't have anything until lunch and I would be dizzy. The plan so far is ok. I see a neurosurgeon at the end of the month and I hope he will give me the ok do go back to the gym and do some light exercises or go swimming. Again, thanks for the reply. Hope to chat with you soon, Lisa J. in Mass
Blessed B
on 8/6/08 10:27 am
Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your back problem, that has to be so painful for you! I'm sure it has got to be frustrating with your injury. Have you looked into yoga or maybe tai chi? I know that exercise plays a huge part in this WLS deal. I used to be totally gung ho on the exercise and would work out for 2 hours a day. Now, I'm lucky to get an hour in. I know I can do a lot better. I've gained a good solid 20 lbs and that really bums me out bad. I sometimes feel like people look at me as if I am a failure. When I get real down on myself I'll take out the wayyy before pictures and see that I am in a way better place now then back then. I honestly don't know what to do from here. I tried the 5 day pouch test but I just got way too hungry to stick with it. My husband and I are trying the abs diet thing..we'll see how that goes (eating and exercise plan) I'm just wondering if maybe our bodies will go down to the lowest point and then go back up to where it is comfortable?? I know I feel better with the 20 lbs on but I know I don't look better with it there. I hope that you are able to get things situated for yourself to where you can exercise on a consistant basis Hang in there girl!! Bridgett
lazeydazey
on 8/7/08 11:29 am - Sharon, MA
Hi Bridgett, Thanks for the reply. I have to see a neurosurgeon at the end of the month and he will let me know what typ of exercises if any I can do. I miss going to the gym, although I could probably walk the track. I sell AVON and bought a pedometer, I may take it out and use it. I do walk sometimes at lunch especially when I get an hr. Maybe I can use the pool at the gym. Keep your fingers crossed that the doctor says I will be ok. I'm going for PT and sometimes it helps depending on the day. I feel the same you you did with the 5 day pouch test. I may try it again and see or I just may do a few protein drinks and eat 1 meal and see if that may work. I have to keep saying to myself do I really want what I am putting in my mouth. I have to retrain my brain. It was sooooooooo easy at 1st. Good luck to you and your husband hope you do well with the abs diet thing. I'lll try to hang in there and you do the same. Hope to chat soon. Lisa J. in Mass
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1064 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1024 views