Seriously...

Blessed B
on 9/24/08 10:39 am

Okay...
Seriously, I don't know how many of you are still or have attended support groups or not , or maybe just quit going. Here's my thing about the support groups: a)they only meet once a month b)it seems like they are for recent post ops (and I don't mind giving advice to folks or sharing my experience).
I quit going because of the two reasons above. I just couldn't get anything out of them anymore and I know for me, I need more than a monthly meeting and I need something more to help me get focused on the larger picture rather than talking about eggs and protein powders for an hour. I also went to Overeaters Anonymous last year and I stuck with that for maybe a month is that..I felt uncomfortable there even though they had good points about eating and such. Oh and yes, WW..went there last year too but quit after the scale went up 5lbs in a week. I like the ideas you get from that also. But the main problem I'm having is that I'm not finding many people who can relate to this surgery.How many of you still have people offering food to you (donuts, candy, chips), knowing full well that you have worked so hard to get healthy and fight to maintain or lose your weight? I do. Do I give into temptation? YES. Is it my fault? YES. It just plain out stinks and it gets frustrating at times. The only real solace I can find is here. I blog alot and also just look at people's postings and sometimes answer them. I don't know about you but I have a problem with food and I probably always will. I don't have a problem with exercise...but FOOD.

So, since I'm on here quite a bit...I'm going to try to do a thread maybe a few times a week or if I can get on daily..to see if anyone wants to post what's going on with them..what they are eating..exercising..getting vitamins in..just some general support. I know I need it..what about you?
Sorry so long!!!

Taking one day at a time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1066 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views