Halloween surgery for me!!!

blondegoddess
on 6/24/05 11:15 am - Albuquerque, NM
My RNY is scheduled for Halloween and I couldn't be happier. We will have had a week in Mexico and after walking on the beach and swimming several times a day, I will be probably one of the tannest patients they will have. I'm enjoying "regular food" as much as I can before my life changes!!! Cindy Douglas
Ginak
on 6/29/05 1:38 am - Tumbleweed, TX
Cindy, is Dr Frezza doing your surgery??
blondegoddess
on 7/31/05 5:42 am - Albuquerque, NM
Yes, he is.....it took a second level appeal to get approved but I'm very excited. I met a dear heart right next to me in his lobby who is approximately the same size but she has about 17 years on me. Her surgery is mid-November but after that we will be "check-up buddies" and drive for check-ups together. I sure wish he had a satellite office here in Albuquerque since half of his WLS patients are from NM. Cindy
Ginak
on 8/5/05 2:02 am - Tumbleweed, TX
Yes, I noted the time I was there that everyone at the group appt was from Albuquerque area except me. I live about an hour and a half to the south east of Lubbock. Several people I work with had their surgery there in Lubbock with Dr Frezza and have had very good results. Great that you have a WLS friend to drive with! I have a son and a brother who live in Lubbock so plenty of places for hubby to stay when he comes to be with me for my surgery. I had a bit of a scare today. I called (since its Friday) just to confirm my date. To the girl who answered (Belinda?) I said " I'm just wanting to re-confirm my surgery date and be sure there is nothing else you need me to do" of course I told her my name. She responded 'are you sure you have a surgery date?' I told her YES- I was given my date back in June. She then said that she did not have the surgery list with her and would let me speak to Amy to confirm. I got Amy's voice mail but I think she will call me back to confirm. I am getting so paranoid about this. A lady I work with who also had WLS with Dr Frezza about 1 1/2 years ago said she was talking to someone from his office and they are scheduling into January now. Yipes! I sure don't want to be put off......so will be glad to have Amy reassure me
txblonde
on 8/18/05 7:44 am - Odessa, TX
hi Cindy and congrats on getting your date.....I will have mine Oct 3 05 in Lubbock also....I am excited also in starting a new journey ...I know it is the time.....as the last 3 yrs of my life have been pretty traumatic....but with this I feel with have a chance to find a life again.......smiles to u.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1065 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views