Oct 4 surgeries

swdreamer
on 9/14/05 10:56 pm - El Paso, TX
Just a quick poll for those on October 4th - 1. How long did your approval take? Mine will be 10 months to the day (started Jan 4) 2. Where is your surgery being done? Anyone being done as an OUTPATIENT or short-stay? 3. Are we all excited, or what?
butlers4
on 9/15/05 12:44 pm - Riverside, CA
RNY on 10/04/05 with
Hi Cyndi, I'm an October 4 loser. My approval went so smooth. I believe it took 5 days. I started the whole process on June 3 and now I'm just 2 weeks away. I am so excited. I will have my surgery at Orange Coast Medical Center in Fountain Valley, California. I'm first up on the block. All the best to you for a successful, safe surgery and an easy recovery. Take care. Margie
LADY D *
on 9/16/05 1:01 am - SUMMERVILLE, SC
CONGRATULATIONS MS MARGIE ... WE ARE ALL ROOTIN' FOR YOU!!!! WE'LL EVEN LIFT ONE FOR YOU (NOW, THAT'S A YUMMY PROTEIN SHAKE, OF COURSE! HAHAHAHAHA!) KEEP US INFORMED OF YOUR WONDERFUL PROGRESS ... GOD BLESS DAWN & NICK
Kelli P.
on 9/16/05 4:27 am - Rosedale, MD
Hi Cyndi This is the first time I have posted on this site but I will also be a loser on oct 4th. My approval only took 4 days. My paperwork was submitted on a Monday and had the letter of approval on Thursday. The surgery will take place at Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Towson, MD and will be a short stay. I could not be any more excited than I am right now. My husband asked if I was at all nervous. I responded with NOPE not at all. I will be in the hands of one of the best surgeons and he will take care of me during surgery. Now that feeling may change the day of surgery but right now, I can not wait. Wi**** was tomorrow. Wish everyone uneventful journeys through the WLS and we will all be healthier people very soon. Kelli
drokelley
on 9/16/05 5:22 pm - Albertville, AL
Hello Cyndi, I am also new on this site. I am so happy for you. My surgery is Oct.4 also. My approval took 3 months. My surgery well be at Marshall Medical South Boaz, Al. I am so excited and getting nerovus. I know I will need the help of this web site, it is great.
Christy B-WI
on 9/19/05 2:07 pm - Cape Coral, FL
Woo Hoo!! I am on the 4th too!! 2 weeks from tommorow! I am so excited, as I know y'all are! One thing I am bringing with me to the is an audiobook/music and a walkman CD player. I don't know if I'll feel up to reading alot. Most libraries have books on CD & tape that you can check-out. My husband also said he wants to get a laptop, so if the timing is right I will take that with me too...so that I can play some games and access the internet. Does anyone here have an Angel yet? I don't have one, but I don't really know anyone on the main message board that well, except for a gal I know from the draft horse world. I thought about asking her, but she is pre-op as well...plus I didn't know if it was suitable to actually ASK someone *LOL* As for the questions.... 1) I started the process in February. I was approved at the end of July, but had to wait for a surgery date because of vacations etc. 2)My surgery is being done at Wausau Hospital (Aspirus Bariatrics)..as long as it can be done laproscopically the expected stay is 2 days. 3)YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care!!! 2 WEEKS AND COUNING!!!! ~Christy
J G.
on 9/20/05 11:40 am - Cleveland, OH
Well, my date is also October 4th and I am getting really nervous. My situation is a little bittersweet. I was denied by my insurance company and will be going self pay at the Cleveland Clinic. (I had Medical Mutual super med plus and it is really good insurance, which totally sucks!) The cost is a whoping thirty thou, as in $30,000.00. It makes me sick thinking about it, but I simply could not demonstrate that I was obese for five years because I just wasn't. All of the diets that I went on actually kept my weight down a bit. It seems like a double standard, they want you to demonstrate all the diets, but they also want you to be over 40BMI for 5 years. I will be staying at the hospital for two nights and I am ready to forget about the money and concentrate on losing. I am trying to keep a very positive attitude about this. WE NEED TO KEEP OUR EYES ON THE GOAL. I want to wish all of you October bypassers a speedy recovery and an uneventful surgery!!!
LADY D *
on 9/22/05 2:58 pm - SUMMERVILLE, SC
HERE'S HOPING THAT THE REMAINDER OF YOUR WLS JOURNEY IS FULL OF JOY, SUCCESS, GOOD HEALTH & LIVING A FULLER LIFE! GOD BLESS JG DAWN & NICK
QueenKee
on 9/21/05 8:27 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello my Beloved. I started this journey about 3yrs ago. So my date is VERY sweet to me.With this ins. co I got approved after my first letter was sent and it only took 2days to make a decision. My surgery will be at Memorial Hospital here in JAX. I am an in-patient 2days. QueenKee
dawninva
on 9/21/05 11:49 am - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 10/04/05 with
I just started looking into the surgery a couple of months ago. I never thought that my insurance would pay for it. But I got approved before I even knew my Dr. had sent the letter. I was scheduled just a month later. My surgery is being done in Fairfax, Virginia. I believe I'll be there for 2-3 days. I'm excited and bit nervous, but ready to go tomorrow if they change the date. I hadn't thought about stuff to take to the hospital. Books on tape/cd would be a good idea, and some earplugs
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 715 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1065 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 813 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1025 views