1st to post

mookers
on 6/20/06 10:16 am - Penn Hills, PA
Hi All that may come to October Dates. I don't have a date yet, but am assuming that it will be around there.
RCassety
on 7/15/06 9:50 pm - Lindenwold, NJ
hi there Erica i had an original 10/9 surgery date -but they changed it to 10/6 -- i've been approved since 6/4/06 but i have to wait until my treatments are finished in order to have surgery -- in the meantime i've lost 30 lbs in 3 months and it's still falling off due to medications -- now i'm getting nervous if the surgeon will even do the surgery since my BMI has fallen so much -- we'll see -- i'm a believer take care roberta Ross - Open RNY 5/22/06 - 373 / 306 - BCBS NJ Horizon Roberta - Open RNY 10/6/06 - 220 - Aetna approved in 2 weeks
SusanL
on 7/19/06 2:09 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
Hi Erica and Roberta, I have a date of Oct. 17 and since I received my date my nerves have been going crazy. I can't eat all the sudden due to my nerves and now I'm scared and wondering if I'm making the right decision. I've been in the process for three years and finally have a date. I was on the list to have the surgery while my husband was in the military and deployed to Iraq but the wait was too long he got out as soon as he returned. (the called two weeks after he was out saying it was my turn and the had an opening but it was too late for me.) I can't afford at this time to lose any weight or there is a chance my insurance wont cover it and I wont find out until after my surgery because they dont do preapproval but the drs office doesn't think I will have a problem. Good luck to the both of you. I am looking for a support group in Tacoma if you have any suggestions.
Kim C.
on 7/19/06 9:50 pm - Fairport, NY
Hi everyone. I am in the process required by our local bariatric center and they feel that they can tell who will be approved and seem certain that I will. It looks like it will be October. I am hoping for the first week. Good luck to all of you. By the way, the bariatric center said that once I started the process it was okay to lose weight even though I am very close to dropping below 40 bmi. Maybe you should ask before stressing out about it. Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views