Oct 2, 2006

Evelyn K.
on 8/7/06 6:40 am - south plainfield, NJ
Hi my name is Evelyn and want to wish all Oct people the best of luck. Ya can't do it alone never felt closer to the truth right now. Having the RNY laproscopic procedure. Has anyone told their employers yet? I'm struggling. It's a private thing for me. Also I don't expect to be out very long. I'd like to go right back to work. I hope the doctor agrees. It's therapy for me - work. And at wor****ep busy, programming, sitting all day anyway. I have a pre-op class on Sept 13. ALS in Florham park are my surgeons. Dr Bertha will do the procedure. I have a daughter 4 and son 7. I'm dealing with what to tell them also.
mookers
on 8/8/06 12:30 am - Penn Hills, PA
Hi Evelyn, I haven't told my employer yet, I would like to say something other than I am having WLS, I feel like Star its not anybody's business. I just think it is a personal decison, my best friend's don't even know because I don't want to tell them until afterwards. I am still dealing with how I feel about telling people, sort of trying to work it out in my head, for me first. Its private to me. I won't lie about weight loss, but I just don't want to be to have to explain why I did it to everyone I encounter, and hear all of the 15 hand stories of all the the people who died or whatever you know the - my cousin's boyfriends, mother's, ex husband's, sister's friends, neighbors, brother, step brother-in-law died from it. Anyway that is how I feel right now about it. I don't even have a date, and don't know if I will be approved so I am focusing on those things for right now, when I am approved, I will deal with the rest. But I do know I do have to give my job 30 days notice.
SusanL
on 8/9/06 2:59 am - Somewhere out there, WA
I told my boss but that was a hard thing to do. It was surprising how supportive she was. Well since then she has turned in her retirement papers and wont be here so at least I have my leave approved and the new supervisor can't deny it nor do I have to explain anything to him/her. We have had two others go through the surgery and people were so opinionated that I knew what would happen. I did tell a few in my department because eventually they would have figured it out but told them it was a personal decision and I really didn't care what anyone thought about my choice. One we far enought to tell me that she needed to kick her workout routine into gear since I was having surgery to take care of my weight issue...some people are very selfish and don't think before they speak or care they come across it's always about them...I'm sure when we get down to a nice weight they will continue to be negative but who cares it's about us not them. I have three kids they know I'm having surgery but not the details. When the time is right I will tell the older two but the youngest is too young to understand. Best of luck to the both of you.
lighttower
on 9/1/06 3:51 am - Charleroi, PA
I am Oct 2, 2006 too. And I can not Wait GOOD LUCK!!!
beaglecookie
on 9/8/06 4:48 am - Whittier, CA
I'm Oct 2 too. I told my main Managers only. I'm glad I did because they are going to pay me for 4 weeks full pay. I told them I don't want anyone else from work to know about the surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 988 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views