Told 2 people about my surgery

Evelyn K.
on 8/16/06 1:09 am - south plainfield, NJ
1st - was my son's pediatrition. My son went in for his 7 yo checkup and I wanted to talk to the dr about my concerns about his weight. I mentioned that the household is in for some big changes since I'll be having the surgery. She came back with ,'oh you don't look like someone who needs that drastic surgery. Can you just try on your own?' This came from a dr's mouth. Just try. Yeah right. Then at my son's 1st visit to a nutritionist program for children I spoke to the dietician. She was very encouraging and didn't have anything neg to say. So there you have it. One neg and one pos remark. Well needless to say I'm going to a Weigh****chers meeting today. Haven't tried any formal meeting especially with costs attached in over 1 year. I still have an inkling that I can do it without the surgery. The gym is also a must trip this week. I have 125 lbs to loose. I am approved for Oct 2 surgery.
SusanL
on 8/17/06 3:24 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
I have heard from lots of people that I don't need it but others don't live in our shoes and see the struggles we face daily. I got a book from another post here called WLS for Dummies and really like it. It is great. If you get a chance pick it up. My husband is going to read it after I'm finished so that he really understands what the surgery is all about and how much my life will change after surgery. There is a couple sections I am going to copy down to give to those who don't really understand the surgery and think that it's the easy way out. Best of luck. don't let others change your mind. You need to do what you feel is best for yourself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 988 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views