My date was moved up 2 weeks to Oct 3!!!

SusanL
on 8/24/06 1:13 am - Somewhere out there, WA
At my nutrition appointment yesterday they had two people cancel their surgery so I was able to move up two weeks. I hope this continues. I want to have my surgery as soon as possible. My husband is home with a broken leg and can't work so it would work out really good for me right how because when he returns to work he can't take the time off from work. OCT 3 is my new date... I also met another lady who is having surgery the same day as me so we are going to keep in touch and plan to walk to ward together. So after my appointment I went to Vitalady to sample protein shakes...boy does it take some getting use to. My doctor want you to do 2 shakes a day starting a month prior to surgery...I only found two I could stomach so we will go with that for now. I hope my gag reflex gets better with the surgery and I will be able to stomach other flavors after surgery. I also picked up Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins they help with hair loss after surgery but if you start now they say it will help even more.
Kim C.
on 8/25/06 5:24 am - Fairport, NY
I just got the same date! My surgeon's office submits to insurance now though. So I still don't know if I'm approved or not. I think I'll wait to give my employer the date until then. Do you have a vitalady store? All I know about is online. Are you going to use any of the other supplements? My DR just suggests protein.
SusanL
on 8/25/06 3:09 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
Vitalady from a town 15 minutes from my house so I was able to go there and sample protein shakes. As for vitamins my dr has me taking a whole bunch (Vit A, B-12, B Stress Complex, C, D & E) Iron, Zinc, Calcium Citrate and a multi-vitamin. As well as 30 grams of protein 3x's a day starting day 7 after surgery. I need to do two shakes a month prior to my surgery date. I am also taking a pill to help for hair loss once I have surgery called Hair, Nails & Skin which is sold by Vitalady as well. If you are going to be looking into Protein shakes I would order the sample pack from Vitalady to try the different flavors. There were several I could not take but I like the chocolate mochacchino and the Necture Fuzzy Navel.
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/06 6:31 am - Baldwinsville, NY
I love Vitalady. I ordered some samples and loved them all. Now i'm hoping that after surgery i'll love them as much. I'll be getting a magic bullet soon too. I'd like to start protein shakes before surgery, but the nutritionist doesn't recommend it. hmmm. Molly 10/4/06 LAP RNY
Elizabeth C.
on 9/2/06 7:30 am - Montgomery County, MD
That's cool that you live near Vitalady so you can taste samples. What are the 2 flavors that you liked best? Elizabeth
SusanL
on 9/7/06 3:56 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. I was on a trip for work in Newport RI for the week. I like the Fuzzy Navel by Nectar and the Cocoa Mocha by Champion Nutrition. I have since thied the Pro Blend 55 Chocolate Fudge and that wasn't too bad either. The Mocha is also good warm in the am.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 988 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views