Prepaing for Surgery ???

mookers
on 9/2/06 5:04 am - Penn Hills, PA
Hi All, I was just wondering what you all were doing to prepare for the surgery. Are you required to lose a certain amount of weight? Are you working out? I am guessing IF all goes well to have my surgery sometime in October, I don't have a date yet, but I am wondering what you all are eating now. My doc hasn't required anything of me yet...but I have my last nutritional meeting Sept 19 and was told I get all of the information for after surgery then. I am a bit excited, and time can't go by fast enough.
Elizabeth C.
on 9/2/06 8:40 am - Montgomery County, MD
What I am doing is getting things organized at work so the office won't fall apart for 3 weeks. I am cleaning my home and car thoroughly. I am also doing my surgeon's pre-op diet and will start phase 2 on Monday. I am still sampling different protein powder samples and creating a list of what I want to order. I purchased most of my vitamins and 6 cases of canned protein shakes. I am working on my lists of things to take to the hospital with me, and since I was recently diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea, the CPAP machine and mask have been added. One of the last things I will do is go through the boxes of currently too small clothes and put the next smaller sizes on hangers. I will take my looser fitting clothes and put them in bags to throw out or give away. I am basically trying to keep busy to pass the time, but a month doesn't seem that long to me, not that I'm complaining! Elizabeth
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/06 8:55 am - Baldwinsville, NY
Well, for me, like Elizabeth, I am also preparing the office I work in, to be able to take over my duties for the 3 weeks or more I'll be out. They don't realize how much I do in a day, but they surely will when I go out. I also told my husband, I wanted to clean the night before just so that when I got home 2 days later, it would still be clean. I spent all day shopping for my daughters school supplies and clothes, so that is all done. I am excersizing 6 times a week, Curves every other day, and 1.5 - 2 miles on the treadmill the other days. I was asked to lose 13lbs because I was losing, then quit smoking and gained it back. So this way, i'll be on the down slope, like I should be. Right now, I have 7 more to go. GRRRRR.. I am stuck. As for pre-surgery diets, my doctor does not recommend anything, no fasting, liquid diets, or protein shakes at all. Just lose some weight to show my devotion. Best of luck. Molly
mookers
on 9/2/06 10:01 am - Penn Hills, PA
Thanks ladies for your responses. I was just very curious as to what others (who are pre-op)are doing. I was recently told to try and lose a couple of pounds (wasn't told a specific amount) and so I just bought things for my work out room to get more motivated to be in there A LOT! And I have cut out sweets, fatting meats, coffee, diet soda and the biggest !! dAY 2 AND ITS HARD. I wasn't required to quit, but want to start my new life smoke free.
mookers
on 9/10/06 9:29 am - Penn Hills, PA
I know exactly what you mean. But I want to buy all new clothes, it is hard for me to still imagine that I won't be able to fit my Big Clothes, it seems like a dream. I just keep wondering what I will look like as a smaller person, it just seems like it will never happen. I haven't done anything as far as clothes go. I guess, Cause theirs a little voice in my head that keeps saying uh uh uh, what if your the person that doesn't lose weight, then you won't have any clothes. I know , but this waiting can mess with your head...well at least mine. I have just been working out everyday even if its only 20 minutes, I have cut out sweets, and fat basiclly, I've been eating alot of salads,yogart, vegetables, fruits salads, water, water water, and just trying to adjust so that it won't be so hard afterwards,I rather mourn food now then later. So that's what I have been feeling and thinking. I go for my 6 of 6 apt on the 19th then they submit, so wish me luck. I am still playing the waiting game..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views