WAITING TIL OCTOBER

LILLIAN M.
on 9/3/06 5:42 am - WEST PALM BEACH, FL
I'm going to have surgery on oct 2, 2006 by fred simon, I am very nervous and very happy :-0/// :-) everyone please email me good meal ideas after surgery and thoughts and pics.. I luv pics.. I can't wait till I can cross my legs and walk without my thighs rubbing together. ;- ) I just can't imagine..
jmcrae2
on 9/4/06 4:21 am - Port Colborne, Canada
Hi Lillian, Wow Oct 2nd, it sure is coming up fast. MY surgery is Oct 5th, so we will be right around the same time. I like your pics on your profile. I havent been brave enough to put a full body shot on mine yet. I will sometime within the next mnth though. I am a picture freak when it comes to taking pics of everyone else, but dont dare try to take a pic of me!!!!!!! I refuse to be a part of any pictures. I just know that will change, after surgery I will be sneakin in peoples pics......lol. I read that you were married at 14, wow thats amazing. It has obviously worked out for you though, so thats great!! I am with you, I would love some good meal ideas so if anyone can post some, it would be appreciated. I will also see what I can find and post them here..... so keep your eye out
ladydino
on 9/4/06 10:52 am - Phenix City, AL
My surgery is scheduled for October 4, 2006 and I'm like you, very nervous. I was very excited until I got the date and then the nerves set in. I know it's the right thing to do but being a nurse I think about all the things you shouldn't think about. I just ordered a book tonight with recipes for WLS so when I get it I can share. I've also answered another person's email about getting a zip file with over 600 recipes so if I get it I'll pass it along too. It will be good to be able to follow other people who have the surgery around the same time as mine. I have about 85 goals posted on my OH page and I can't wait to meet every one of them.
Michelle B.
on 9/4/06 11:14 am - Pennsauken, NJ
Hi Kim My surgery is Oct. 18th! If you get that 600 recipe zip file, I would love it if you could pass it along to me as well! [email protected] I bought 2 books - Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and Susan Maria's Book - Before and After. both have lots of menu ideas.
ladydino
on 9/4/06 11:34 am - Phenix City, AL
Michelle, Congratulations on your surgery date - isn't it exciting and nerve-racking at the same time. One of the books I ordered was the Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and I bought the Before and After Book months ago and have read it a lot. The other book I ordered was Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery. As soon as I get that file I'll send it along. I can't wait to get it either. Tried to find it again on the main message board so I could do a followup but couldn't find it. She probably got so many responses that she pulled it. Hopefully she won't forget me.
Michelle B.
on 9/4/06 11:49 am - Pennsauken, NJ
I just found that book - I bought it months ago! I have been buying so much crap and stocking it up, I don't even know what I had! I'm going to browse through it tonight!
chicomark
on 9/5/06 1:25 am - albany, NY
I will be having my surgery Oct 3, 2006 and I am also going through the same emotions very happy and very nervous I guess that is a normal respond so good luck and congratulations
lighttower
on 9/5/06 3:40 am - Charleroi, PA
Lillian, Heather here AGAIN, lol..... We are sister's in that fact that our date is the same day, we will be reborn that day, and I can NOT wait~~~: dance : I have been trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I will be free of this prison of my body, man is that hard to grasp! I just want to get the MOST out of this gift that has been given to me, so I hope that I have the results that I so desperatly want. I do belive that one of the biggest keys is to attend regular support group meetings, it helps to keep you motivated and on track. Plus these people have been where I am about to go, so who better to ask questions RIGHT? Well good luck and I will be thinking of you that day too!
Evelyn K.
on 9/7/06 3:59 am - south plainfield, NJ
Best of luck. I too am Oct 2. I'm going thru same emotions. Feeling free of the weight burden but worrisome that something can go seriously wrong this day. My two small children need me. But then again, I know they need me and that is why I'm doing this. To live the rest of my life healthy and active. It's scary and freeing at the same time. The Times They Are A-Changin' is a protest song of the 60's but ya know I just keep those words in my mind all day long. It helps. It's my own little protest to myself about myself.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/06 8:24 am - MT
Hello!! I have an Oct 2nd date also!!! Congrats and best wishes on your upcoming surgery!! Felicia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 236 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1236 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 989 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 957 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1108 views